DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Air 2 Wet Suits - FLY in the Pouring Rain !

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
We love the Air 2 and had no choice but to put some extra love into these Wet Suits making them Functional and fun to fly in any back drop environment.

We offer the Forum Members a fantastic Discount Package that you wont find on the Website. { NEON PACKAGE } Weight: 0.75 ounces.

You get all 3 Color designs and 3 battery Covers for $94.95 plus shipping.

Designed to Enhance your Air 2 Experience and allow you fly in the pouring rain to get in and out of the Storm.
With that 8K hyperlapse we expect to see some fantastic Storms surge.

Even if you never fly in the Rain , the Neoprene Wet Suits offer some nice benefits.

The Battery is locked in air tight no chance of water or a battery disconnect.
Battery protection from Moisture , water , snow and less chance of battery swelling.
The 2mm Neoprene allows you to get good strong secure non slip hold on the Air 2 for hand catching and Launching.
Nice visual for a quick orientation

If you do get caught in the rain, no need to panic.

If your interested email me at [email protected]
Air 2 Twilight Collection .
Will send you out an invoice.

Screenshot 05-29-2020 18.31.47.jpg

Screenshot 05-29-2020 18.22.19.jpg

Screenshot 05-29-2020 18.30.15.jpg

Screenshot 05-29-2020 18.32.12.jpg

Screenshot 05-29-2020 18.34.11.jpg

Screenshot 05-29-2020 19.51.45.jpg

Screenshot 05-29-2020 19.52.29.jpg

Screenshot 06-06-2020 09.34.23.jpg
Air 2 Rescue Jackets allow you to remote land on water and allow for emergency landing without loosing your drone.
Screenshot 07-10-2020 18.22.16.jpg

Last edited:
Those are cool. This MA2 is my first drone. I am about to take it to the beach for a couple weeks and thinking man that would be good to have. You have red neoprene thinking a black and red combo would look good.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Those are cool. This MA2 is my first drone. I am about to take it to the beach for a couple weeks and thinking man that would be good to have. You have red neoprene thinking a black and red combo would look good.

Yes we can sub out one of the colors for Bright Red , let me know which color to sub out and I will send you the invoice.
Thank you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Looks great, probably going to them up thank you for sharing.

can we install these on top of a skin? I just ordered one I’m curious.

Thanks for sharing I’m going to setup an order with you

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Baish
Looks great, probably going to them up thank you for sharing.

can we install these on top of a skin? I just ordered one I’m curious.

And do these suits make the drone completely resistant to rain and snow? As in it could get fully soaked? Just curious what the max conditions I could fly the drone in. Just hypothetically speaking I’m not planning on flying in any rain or snow storms anytime soon, but it would be really cool ?

Yes the Wet Suits do work really well with the Skins :

We dont see any reason why the Air 2 will not be able to fly in some Torrential Rain fall or snow as they are very similar to the Mavic 2 Wet Suits and the Air 2 is very similar to the Mavic 2 which has been thru some really tough tests as you can see at phantomrain.org Under Mavic 2 Wet Suits.

Thank you for your interest.
Coal

2019012795181654.jpg

• Love
Reactions: nencmeister
Are they stickers? Meaning are they one time use or can you take them on and off? Also I thought water in the motors was a concern but this seems to contradict that. Interested so any help would be great!

Reactions: DanaMc
Are they stickers? Meaning are they one time use or can you take them on and off? Also I thought water in the motors was a concern but this seems to contradict that. Interested so any help would be great!

The Wet Suits use a 3M adhesive and our meant to stay on the drone at all times.

DJI uses aluminum Brush- Less motors that can negotiate extreme heat and water.

These our the same Motors used in some Submersibles. Our Testing has shown in over 300 flights in the rain that the motors handle it extremely well.

You can check out Phantomrain.org to see the motors under the water on both the mavic 2 and phantoms.

Last edited:
Just curious - Is there enough material to cause the drone to float?

The Wet Suits although made of Neoprene weigh 0.75 ounces less than 1 ounce is not enough to float the drone
however we did make the Rescue Jackets for the Air 2.

Last edited:
As we wait for the Perfect Storms to roll around you can get an excellent idea from all of our Mavic 2 Videos posted on the website as to what you can expect from the Air 2 Twilight Wet suits.

Here our some videos of that Wet Suit In Action.
Keep in mind the AIR 2 is using the same motors, batteries , vents very similar if not better.

Reactions: BradleyUSMC
Are these wetsuits available for the M2P? If they stay on all the time, wouldnt there be increased heat all the time, shorting the lifespan of the drone? Where can i see more data?
thank you in advance.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Are these wetsuits available for the M2P? If they stay on all the time, wouldn't there be increased heat all the time, shorting the lifespan of the drone? Where can i see more data?
thank you in advance.

Yes we did made the Wet Suits for the Mavic Pro Check out Phantomrain.org Scroll down to the Mavic pro Wet Suits.
The Battery Covers increase the Heat by 3 to 5 degrees when fully sealed which is minimal.

The Neoprene keeps the Drone cooler in the Summer , but offers a warmer battery in the winter.

If you need the Neon Color Package , just email me at [email protected] and I will
send you out an invoice for the new Neon color package for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.
Coal

Reactions: hayc59
That was quick, Coal. And very cool. Nice to see the product line following the new releases. Love my wetsuits! Want the Air 2 but jumped the gun when Mini released. Oh well, still have my Phantom fleet with 2 always ready for rain (and all the other cr.. it keeps out too). Think of all the dirt flying on takeoff and landings too. ?

Last edited:
It’s funny watching all the pilots pack up their birds at the first sound of thunder. While I am running out the door to put mine in the air. Never miss out on the exciting stuff. I rarely pull my undressed birds out anymore unless for others to fly, no need. Just more comfortable flying when dressed for anything. Great product. ?

I really like this idea and these and aesthetics here.. I just feel for 100 dollars what am I getting functionality wise that a few clear stickers over the battery button and the battery seam would not do already.

Maybe I am missing it? Help me out as I genuinely debating this since i want to get some storm footage with the hyper lapse specifically lol.

WOW those are cool especially in Oregon! But out of my range for being retired thank you though

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I really like this idea and these and aesthetics here.. I just feel for 100 dollars what am I getting functionality wise that a few clear stickers over the battery button and the battery seam would not do already.

Maybe I am missing it? Help me out as I genuinely debating this since i want to get some storm footage with the hyper lapse specifically lol.
I'm sure you could. But it's a matter of taste, quality, durability, function, ready always, and NO worries.
Same as those that make DIY bait releases for drone instead of forking out $60 to $200 for one that doesn't go swimming. I couldn't afford Not to go for the best.

Reactions: hayc59

I do think you bring up a good point and that is Many our going to be tempted because of that amazing 8k Hyper Lapse to get some incredible storm Footage but there going to be in for a big surprise when they realize how susceptible that battery is not only on taking on water but how fast that drone will drop out of the sky..as that battery compartment fills quickly.

Its worse than the mavic 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the storm
Coal

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member