DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Air 2 Wet Suits - FLY in the Pouring Rain !

Really nothing to debate as you wont last 5 minutes in the rain with out getting water inside the battery.

Its 23 Parts of Closed Cell Neoprene with a 3M formula adhesive.

1 Compromised battery is $150

We tried all that tape in the beginning , not so good.

and if your kind of poor its an expensive testing. ;)

I do think you bring up a good point and that is Many our going to be tempted because of that amazing 8k Hyper Lapse to get some incredible storm Footage but there going to be in for a big surprise when they realize how susceptible that battery is not only on taking on water but how fast that drone will drop out of the sky..as that battery compartment fills quickly.

Its worse than the mavic 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the storm
Coal

Hmm, Interesting. When will you have a video of an air 2 with it being put on or walking through it like you do for the pro 2 here?

I am interested, I just want to see some more data on it before i put something on with adhesive. :)

Appreciate the previous and future responses.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
They are all basically the same. Just cover known failure points. Then very nice cosmetics. I don't have the Air 2 but I already trust it. (Experience with Phantoms).
Good luck, whatever you try. Don't want to see you back on Help or Crash threads. ?

Last edited:
Do I understand correctly then that if you have 3 batteries, you would remove the battery cover portion each time you replace the battery and re-stick it to the new battery (same if you just had one battery and remove it from the aircraft)?

Do I understand correctly then that if you have 3 batteries, you would remove the battery cover portion each time you replace the battery and re-stick it to the new battery (same if you just had one battery and remove it from the aircraft)?

Looks like you get 3 battery covers, 1 for each battery. You don't remove them once installed.

Looks like you get 3 battery covers, 1 for each battery. You don't remove them once installed.

No there is no reason too remove them,, also the Power button seal stays in tact with the battery also , makes it very convenient to use.

No , each battery has its own separate battery cover that stays on the battery at all times. This includes the Power button seal that also stays on the battery for total convenience. You can take the power button seal off anytime you want to just not the battery cover. .

Thank you for your interest.
Phantomrain.org

Reactions: dawgpilot
Want to THANK EVERYONE FOR THERE FANTASTIC SUPPORT - I have decided that everyone that ordered will get all 5 Color Designs .

Here is a Picture of the Actual Neon Colors you will be getting with your Wet Suit Order:
I have also decided to make the Sea Lander for the Air 2 so if you want to boat it across the water or land in the sea you can.

[email protected]
Email me if you have any questions

Screenshot 06-03-2020 23.04.05.jpg

Added the Neon Red : Get 3 Color designs of your choice .

Screenshot 06-01-2020 09.04.39.jpg

Screenshot 06-06-2020 07.58.55.jpg

Screenshot 06-06-2020 08.00.30.jpg

Screenshot 06-06-2020 08.04.45.jpg

3 Neon Colors - 1 Wet Suit

Easy 10 minute install :

Hyper - Lapse in the Worst Storms in 8K

Get Caught in the Rain no need for Panic

Quick Orientation in the Sky

Mix Up color for a completely Different Look ,

Proven Track Record in the Rain

Email me at [email protected]

Forum members get 5 Color Designs 3 battery covers and 3 Power Button Seals.
$96.95 plus shipping costs

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Not thrilled with the wet-suit battery setup. After running 20 mins in warm weather that battery was locked in place and aBitch to remove. Based on this setup id much have some type of rubber casket wrapping battery that can be removed when not needed. I've removed the entire wet-suit and passed on this. Its an expensive trial but you live and learn. I give it 1 - 5 stars for design and storage of the drone with the suit on in my GPC case wasn't gonna happen. The corners with the bumpers don't fit snug either. There are sizable gaps that water will def get inside. In hind sight, the amount of rain I get where i live is not much at all. This was exciting when i first thought of it and rushed to order and it didn't last on my drone for more then a week. I really wanted to like this but what can ya do.

Not thrilled with the wet-suit battery setup. After running 20 mins in warm weather that battery was locked in place and aBitch to remove. Based on this setup id much have some type of rubber casket wrapping battery that can be removed when not needed. I've removed the entire wet-suit and passed on this. Its an expensive trial but you live and learn. I give it 1 - 5 stars for design and storage of the drone with the suit on in my GPC case wasn't gonna happen. The corners with the bumpers don't fit snug either. There are sizable gaps that water will def get inside. In hind sight, the amount of rain I get where i live is not much at all. This was exciting when i first thought of it and rushed to order and it didn't last on my drone for more then a week. I really wanted to like this but what can ya do.

With teh Install video you learn how to break the Air Tight Seal as it creates a vacuum .Once you see it done your good to go.

Last edited:
whats the purpose of neoprene on arms and front top and rear ones? wouldnt just battery and air vents stickers be enough?

whats the purpose of neoprene on arms and front top and rear ones? wouldnt just battery and air vents stickers be enough?

Yes, but the neoprene on the legs gives a something to hold on to and squeeze for a firm hold when carrying it.
When its wet and icy and cold you really appreciate it.

They dual vents also protect the legs from being squeezed to hard which we know on the Mavic 2 causes the legs to get a little loose.

So you no matter how hard the drone get squeezed from carrying or putting it in a case the legs are protected as they cannot move past the Neoprene.

I talk about that in the Install video.
Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Im thinking you missed the install video: The battery Covers do seal air tight but you most likely did not understand how to use them ,, how to get them off and why how the to let the 3M settle as the first day they are at the max stickiness level . The corner bumpers our not there for stopping water , they are used to stop the legs from folding in on each other in extreme weather .. Without the Install Video you were lost. Sorry about that.

Because I’m stupid as ****. Thanks for reminding me that I’m dumb and can’t follow directions. The only thing to be sorry about is that I bought this crap. Spare me the condescending tone of not following directions. You didn’t understand my post. I waited and after flying with the first battery that sat out without being used, I flew today for a while in the heat and when it was time to swap the heat and tape bounded pretty **** strong that I felt like I’d break the drone to remove. And with the suit it doesn’t fit in my GPC case. The battery is so tight in the case it will ruin the battery button on the suit if I forced the battery in place. I removed it and the amount of tape left on the drone I prefer to go without. The amount of flying in the rain is very limited and I should of used my better judgement before buying. Even more so with the response you sent makes even more reason not to buy again.

Last edited:
We love the Air 2 and had no choice but to put some extra love into these Wet Suits making them Functional and fun to fly in any back drop environment.

We offer the Forum Members a fantastic Discount Package that you wont find on the Website. { NEON PACKAGE } Weight: 0.75 ounces.

You get all 4 Color designs and 3 battery Covers for $96.95 plus shipping.

Designed to Enhance your Air 2 Experience and allow you fly in the pouring rain to get in and out of the Storm.
With that 8K hyperlapse we expect to see some fantastic Storms surge.

Even if you never fly in the Rain , the Neoprene Wet Suits far surpass putting a glossy sticker on the drone.

The Battery is locked in air tight no chance of water or a battery disconnect.
Battery protection from Moisture , water , snow and less chance of battery swelling.
The 2mm Neoprene allows you to get good strong secure non slip hold on the Air 2 for hand catching and Launching.
Nice visual for a quick orientation

If you do get caught in the rain, no need to panic.

If your interested email me at [email protected]
Air 2 Twilight Collection .
Will send you out an invoice.

View attachment 103005

View attachment 103006

View attachment 103008

View attachment 103009

View attachment 103010

View attachment 103011

View attachment 103014

View attachment 103015

View attachment 103016

View attachment 103017

View attachment 103019

View attachment 103020

Had our first mini flight in a Drizzle, captured a few minutes on video.

Do you have wet suit for MM? Thanks

Are these wetsuits available for the M2P? If they stay on all the time, wouldnt there be increased heat all the time, shorting the lifespan of the drone? Where can i see more data?
thank you in advance.
Yes we did made the Wet Suits for the Mavic Pro Check out Phantomrain.org Scroll down to the Mavic pro Wet Suits.
The Battery Covers increase the Heat by 3 to 5 degrees when fully sealed which is minimal.

The Neoprene keeps the Drone cooler in the Summer , but offers a warmer battery in the winter.

If you need the Neon Color Package , just email me at [email protected] and I will
send you out an invoice for the new Neon color package for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.
Coal

The first question was answered, but not the second from "Spartan Drones" - "If they stay on all the time, wouldnt there be increased heat all the time, shorting the lifespan of the drone? ". I too have reservations on such a configuration. There appear to be covers for the motors, so how do they stay cool without proper air flow? They already get pretty hot without anything on them. Is the gimbal assembly water resistant or waterproof as it still looks exposed? Even if the gimbal is alright, how do you keep droplets from forming on the lens? When rain droplets hit the propeller blades they are instantly transformed into a fine mist which will go everywhere.

Do you have wet suit for MM? Thanks

Yes we do have them on the Website , the problem with the Mini flying in the Rain is the wind that normally comes with Rain so be careful with that.
The other problem with the Mini is that the Open ports that are prone to moisture so the Wet Suits help solve those issues.

Check out Phantomrain.org
We offer a nice Twilight Package that comes with all 3 Colors .

Reactions: lowellton
The first question was answered, but not the second from "Spartan Drones" - "If they stay on all the time, wouldnt there be increased heat all the time, shorting the lifespan of the drone? ". I too have reservations on such a configuration. There appear to be covers for the motors, so how do they stay cool without proper air flow? They already get pretty hot without anything on them. Is the gimbal assembly water resistant or waterproof as it still looks exposed? Even if the gimbal is alright, how do you keep droplets from forming on the lens? When rain droplets hit the propeller blades they are instantly transformed into a fine mist which will go everywhere.

They battery Covers can increase the heat by about 3 to 4 degrees which is minimal on a 30 minute flight max.

The Motors on all the DJI drones are Aluminum Brush-Less motors designed to Negotiate heat and water and these same motors have been used in some submersibles in fresh water. They can handle temps up 450 degrees easily .

keep in mind that we have over 150 Videos of the Mavic 2 , the Mavic Pro , The Phantom Pro ect of flying in the rain and the research we have done.

You can check out some very powerful video displaying this on Phantomrain.org

If you ever get a chance to fly your drone in the rain you find out right away that rain is not transformed into mist.
Most of the time when we fly in the rain , you cannot even see the rain unless it is coming down in Buckets .

You can get water Drops , but with a little skill you can learn how to get rid of them using the gimbal up and down.

If you watch this video , you can see how if you do not panic , you can clear the lens.

Your chances of your battery swelling , popping out of place , and moisture in the power button is much greater than any life span of the drone could ever be.

Here is good example of a pilot getting caught in the rain for the first time and his Mavic 2 is Geared up with the Wet Suit: ENJOY

Last edited:
Coal..they are so cool!! thanks for all the info and videos
I know that takes a lot of work

• Love
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member