DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI have a QC Problem?

I can believe the video. I think DJI was quick to resolve issues, but chose not to inform the consumer. They relied upon repair/replacement requests (similar to Apple). Silent recalls.

I'm not sure when mine was built, buts it's been flawless (knock on wood).

Reactions: MavicGurl
Interesting. I purchased my original Mavic in Feb. Arrived damaged so I sent it back. Decoding the serial number on the replacement it shows a mfg. date of Sept 25th 2016. How can this be unless they sent me a rebuilt one. Doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
They sent you a refurbished one.

Per the mavic decoder ring mine was made Jan 10. I received it around 28 Jan.

But what does that mean? In my case the camera is defective, the rest seems fine. The camera may have been built in November or December ... who knows. If their production line was stalled for a while it was likely because 95% of the parts were available but 5% weren't...

But what does that mean? In my case the camera is defective, the rest seems fine. The camera may have been built in November or December ... who knows. If their production line was stalled for a while it was likely because 95% of the parts were available but 5% weren't...
our mavics are twins ;)

my mavic was delivered on the 23rd, it didn't sit too long

Your Mavic Pro (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) was manufactured on Saturday, February, 18th 2017

i bought my Mav in february 6, and now i have few test flight and just reading the manual and refreshing the software, and practice (on youtube :D). this Mavic is my first drone also to me. tomorrow i'll go with my friend to fly. i can't wait!
Firmware updates should be thought about before you risk doing. READ,READ,READ.

Mine was built on the 25th of february and I received it at my DJI store on the 16th of March. (EU version)
did the IMU and Compass calibration out of the box.
everything is fine with it.

I own my second Mavic.
The first one was manufactured Dec. 24th, 2016. I received it mid January 2017.
I did about 5 flights with it till it had a very ennoying issue : measured altitude was drifiting to low negative values while in flight (as low as -50m at landing after flying 10 min between 15 and 30m high). Beside this, everything was normal.

I sent it for repair under warranty in the Netherland (I am in France) and one week ago I received an other Mavic, without any notification from DJI that this was not the first one after repair (they previously mailed me that they will change the "core card" and the ESC).
I realized this was not the same drone in looking at the serial number in order to verify the status of DJI Care Refresh (which had not been updated by DJI. But this is an other story).

My new Mavic was built on March 1st 2017 and it looks working perfectly but I only did one very short flight with it, without shooting a video.
It was holding the .500 firmware that I downgraded to .400 today since I mostly use Litchi app.

I must add that I also fly two Phantom 3 Advance since one year without any issue of any kind.

Just Checked Mine it was Born 15th Feb 2017 and I have no problems ! Touch Wood.

hi @Starz,

sorry, but i don't understand what would you like to say this. maybe because my poor english...can you to explain?

regards, mlaczek

I think he suggests that we have to think twice before updating with the last firmware in date. I agree...

They sent you a refurbished one.

Great, I sent them a brand new never flown drone and they sent me back a used one. Not sure there is much I can do about it. Flys fine. I do get intermittent jello in video. It seems to be random, infrequent and short lived.

I think he suggests that we have to think twice before updating with the last firmware in date. I agree...

yeah, maybe. but in this thread i never speak about firmware updates, or something about that. so it was because i didn't understand him. anyway, thank you for your answer!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123