DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI typically revise hardware during the production run (and any way to tell?)

Taymar

Reactions
Hoping someone familiar with DJI product history might be able to help me out with this question please -

Does DJI do much in the way of hardware updates/revisions during a particular model's lifecycle or is it usually all handled via firmware?

I'm curious whether the general advice is to wait a bit after a new model comes out, or if they're usually rock solid at launch day.

I've had bad experiences in the past with being an early adopter of other technology products so any advice would be appreciated.

(I'm looking at the hopefully-soon-to-be-released Air 2S if that makes any difference, since it seems to be an evolution rather than an all new product).

DJI do sometimes improve revise products during their lifespan,like the MPP compared to the MP1 and the MIni 2 ,compared to the MM and they will add certain vision upgrades to the cameras on some of the drones such as the enterprise versions ,but its mostly the firmware that get updated more than anything ,it is usually better if you can to let a new model be a few months old ,to see if there are any glaring issues that come to light before purchasing one

DJI do sometimes improve revise products during their lifespan,like the MPP compared to the MP1 and the MIni 2 ,compared to the MM and they will add certain vision upgrades to the cameras on some of the drones such as the enterprise versions ,but its mostly the firmware that get updated more than anything ,it is usually better if you can to let a new model be a few months old ,to see if there are any glaring issues that come to light before purchasing one
I think that OMM's suggestion is valid for more than just drones...such as cameras, cars, and etc. IMO, first purchasers are really final beta testers, and I am forever grateful to/for them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada