DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does everyone recalibrate.............

• Thread starter Deleted member 133794
  • Start date
if there is wisdom in the masses and you do not listen? you could very well be the massiveass . I learned a lot from people who know more than you and I do.
There isn't wisdom in the masses on youtube, particularly when it comes to DJI compass issues.
They'll give you myths and mistaken ideas.
I've given you the key to factual understanding.

?? cool story bro..
Sounds like ...
1. You have no idea what compass calibration does, and
2. No interest in finding out facts or the errors in the myths you've been fed.

If you couldn't be bothered in reading the link I referred you to, or to contribute to the discussion, then don't bother trolling.

Sounds like ...
1. You have no idea what compass calibration does, and
2. No interest in finding out facts or the errors in the myths you've been fed.

If you couldn't be bothered in reading the link I referred you to, or to contribute to the discussion, then don't bother trolling.
I said "recalibrate IMU when in diffrent areas of the planet " " recalibrate compass everytime" I ALSO STATED THAT " I DON'T DO IT EVERY TIME !!! I DO NOT DO IT !! Sheeez !

I recalibrate when needed if my drone isn't steady when I take off after it hovers 6/8feet in the air for 1/2 mins no wind of course.

Reactions: sharkface
Sorry, I'll get back on topic - I've owned a second-hand P3P since early 2017, and recently bought an MPP from the classifieds here. Both were shipped from places far away from my location, and I've never calibrated IMU or compass on either... period. They fly and hover just fine, and before takeoff I always check the 'little red triangle' to make sure it's pointed in the same direction as the nose of the AC... and if I get a compass error warning, I just move the AC.

edited: Actually, I've started using a plastic 5 gallon bucket for my 'takeoff pad' most of the time.... removed the metal bail (handle) and replaced with a rope. So I don't have any problems with metal in the ground or concrete anymore.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'll get back on topic - I've owned a second-hand P3P since early 2017, and recently bought an MPP from the classifieds here. Both were shipped from places far away from my location, and I've never calibrated IMU or compass on either... period. They fly and hover just fine, and before takeoff I always check the 'little red triangle' to make sure it's pointed in the same direction as the nose of the AC... and if I get a compass error warning, I just move the AC.

edited: Actually, I've started using a plastic 5 gallon bucket for my 'takeoff pad' most of the time.... removed the metal bail (handle) and replaced with a rope. So I don't have any problems with metal in the ground or concrete anymore.
must be nice? mine yelled at me with all kinds of warnings yesterday. I had my mavic pro all folded up when I powered it up. I think the motors being close to it in diffrent positions made it out of whack? I did a calibration just in case with arms extended. it made me do it 2 times . then the machine was happy. anything to make the app happy is what I do.

I've just read some information regarding recalibration of the IMU and Compass
and it strongly advised doing this each time after a car journey. So for me and probably
many others who don't always fly without a car trip to where your flying from, this basically
means each flight. Is this right or necessary in your opinions.
Why not recalibrate before each flight, it only takes a few seconds, better safe than sorry. Reformado

Why not recalibrate before each flight, it only takes a few seconds, better safe than sorry. Reformado
The simple reason is that when you understand what calibrating the compass actually does, you know that recalibrating each flight is completely unnecessary.
Doing it every time on the "better safe than sorry" excuse is just a superstitious ritual.
If you understand what it's about, you also understand that not doing it can't possibly cause events to make you sorry.
You will fly a lot safer if you understand how the drone works.

The facts are all there for anyone that takes the time to read the first post in this thread.

Reactions: okw

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem