Johnny K

Reactions
Does it let you set EXP FOR FLYING
And also does it let you set
SMOOTH GIMBAL MOVEMENT AND
SMOOTH STOPPING of gimbal
Thanks

Reactions: RonanCork
Right now, those things are not supported in the Fly app unfortunately. Who knows if they add it to the app (ever) or for the Air 2. I was "guessing" in another thread they would have to add it to the app for the Pro 3 when it comes out, if not sooner. If they make that available to the Air 2 is a different question -- not sure how much they want to distinguish the Pro model from its little brother.

The "Gimbal Pitch Speed" should be added as even the lower tier model Spark had this adjustment.There's also "Tripod" (controller) and "Cinesmooth" (Fly app, I have no idea what this will do) to hold us over until hopefully adjustments will be added in a future update. .

Hey guys,

Crikey, so no way to slow down the gimbal stuff - that's really disappointing. Is there tapfly /cinematic mode /tripod mode?

Thanks Ro

The Go 4 App is old as the hills now my guess is the fly App is for the new drones coming out and I'm certain in time it will be a great App. Go 4 has been very good to me over the years I had my fair share of hiccups but it's been solid for years now for me at least hope the fly App will too.

Reactions: Fergy
Control => Advanced Gimbal Settings => (Pitch Speed, Pitch Smoothness, Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation)
Sorry but I cannot see any “Advanced Gimbal Settings” on the DJI Fly App v1.1 connected to my Mavic Air 2. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Attachments

• EF94DA08-64CD-433C-9B86-12E9536E7054.png
    EF94DA08-64CD-433C-9B86-12E9536E7054.png
    468 KB · Views: 26
Sorry but I cannot see any “Advanced Gimbal Settings” on the DJI Fly App v1.1 connected to my Mavic Air 2. Am I looking in the wrong place?
The one he is showing you is for the Mini not the Air 2.
DJI is working on a update for the app to include the gimbal pitch adjustments for the MA2.

I was gonna say advance gimbal settings are not showing on my iPad and that maybe he was looking at the Mavic Mini.

The gimbal wheel is very selective. Turn it all the way, gimbal goes fast, barely turn it, gimbal goes slow. Just remember not to floorboard the accelerator every time you want to move it.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
The one he is showing you is for the Mini not the Air 2.
DJI is working on a update for the app to include the gimbal pitch adjustments for the MA2.

This explains it......... I as well had been looking high and low within the newly released Fly app for the MA2 and couldn't find. I hope they do release within a near future update. I can say that already I've wished I could lower the gimbal movement sensitivity.

Question....... my impression is that gimbal sensitivity is totally independent of flight mode - T,N,S - right?

I, too, came to reply on the gimbal pitch adjustments and will look forward to the firmware update.

I think the gimbal reacts differently depending on flight mode. Reacts much smoother in tripod mode. In the gimbal calibration page in DJI Fly app in advance if you click on manual there are two adjustments for yaw and horizontal.

Do you want to slow down your gimbal?

Be in tripod mode, when you turn the gimbal wheel, gently push it in the direction you want the gimbal to go. GENTLY. Try it a few times.

Your sticks work the same way, gently move your sticks and your drone will gently move slowly and fluidly.

I contacted DJI support Wednesday about the missing advanced gimbal setting in the Fly app. Verge told me he was sending the issue to the engineers to update. When I open the app (not connected to the drone) I see the advanced settings. When I connect the drone they disappear.

Seems to me like they’ve stripped us of the control of our gimbal sensitivity and replaced it with varying levels of sensitivity in the three flight modes avail on the controller.

absolutely egregious.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN