DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Kittyhawk require a paid plan to fly waypoint missions?

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
I downloaded the free Kittyhawk app to test it with my M2ED. Works seamlessly. However, while I can create a waypoint flight, I don’t see any way to actually test fly it. Do I have to upgrade to a paid plan to actually fly automated waypoint flights?

This is vexing- I get an “uploading waypoint mission” after selecting a waypoint mission and clicking “fly”” but I never see the arrow to fly the waypoint mission. Flying FPV works just fine but it’s a no go for waypoint flights.

Can't get it to work no matter what after several hours of effort. Plus I get a cryptic error message of "electromagnetic interference" at the control sticks - but no such message appears in either Pilot or Litchi or GS Pro ... or any other app. Despite the warning, I can fly it just fine FPV in Kittyhawk. I tried different waypoint missions all to no avail in different locations.

For now I'm sticking with Litchi because:
  • Waypoint flights work seamlessly and faultlessly in Litchi
  • I can use the Litchi Mission Hub on the web to plan flights that are automatically downloaded to the app - no such equivalent that I can see for Kittyhawk
  • No meaningful documentation for Kittyhawk that I can find (in contrast to the great docs for Litchi)
  • Kittyhawk seems more focused on advertising and selling subscriptions while Litchi seems more focused on providing a worthwhile experience
  • While the ability to video stream in Kittyhawk is nice, it's also expensive. It may be affordable for large drone businesses but is costly for lone pilots.
While it's obvious a lot of thought and effort went into the Kittyhawk app, everything works in Litchi.

Last edited:
cryptic error message of "electromagnetic interference" at the control sticks - but no such message appears in either Pilot or Litchi or GS Pro ... or any other app.

That exact same error message comes up when using the autonomous flight program DroneLink when using certain models of Mavic. They said it's a bug within DJI's SDK and they are working on it.

Reactions: RCdancer
That exact same error message comes up when using the autonomous flight program DroneLink when using certain models of Mavic. They said it's a bug within DJI's SDK and they are working on it.

I think that explains it. Since Charlie is also using an M2ED and it works for him, I suspect he's running the latest firmware ....... which I downgraded from when I discovered the RE Goggles wouldn't work with it.

Update: I verified with Charlie that he's running the latest firmware for the M2ED. That explains it. Thanks, Allen.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard