DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does MA2 have cinematic mode ?

Thanks. Cant imagine why they took it out. I believe MA1 supports cinematic mode
It's really looking like DJI Fly is seriously immature software. It's got a lot of growing up to do to approach Go4. Yes, my MA(1) has cinematic mode (and an attitude bowl and customizable control response and other stuff that I would not trade away easily).

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
I believe MA1 supports cinematic mode
Aren’t Tripod and Cinematic Mode roughly the same thing...slow and smooth? I understand that Cinematic Mode slows down gimbal movements, too, so I can understand concern for the lack of it...especially when we cannot slow down that MA2 gimbal yet?

Last edited:
Aren’t Tripod and Cinematic Mode roughly the same thing...slow and smooth? I understand that Cinematic Mode slows down gimbal movements, too, so I can understand concern for the lack of it...especially when we cannot slow down that MA2 gimbal yet?

Tripod mode on the Mavic Air 2 slows down the gimbal movements as well.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Tripod mode on the Mavic Air 2 slows down the gimbal movements as well.
Thanks for the clarity, Dawg! Might there be any other differences in the modes, or is it merely nomenclature and semantics at this point?

Thanks for the clarity, Dawg! Might there be any other differences in the modes, or is it merely nomenclature and semantics at this point?
I think they might have merged the two modes offered on previous models (tripod & cinematic) in the Mavic Air 2's tripod mode. Not 100% positive though.

Reactions: pelagic_one
In tripod mode the drone is very slow.

Cinematic mode is just as fast as p-mode but with low brake gain, low yaw movement limit sensitivity, low attitude sensitivity, and low expo settings. You can effectively make cinematic mode with by changing the sensitivity settings, of course besides expo sense MA2 doesn’t have controllable expo.

The point is tripod mode is nothing like cinematic mode.

In tripod mode the drone is very slow.

Cinematic mode is just as fast as p-mode but with low brake gain, low yaw movement limit sensitivity, low attitude sensitivity, and low expo settings. You can effectively make cinematic mode with by changing the sensitivity settings, of course besides expo sense MA2 doesn’t have controllable expo.

The point is tripod mode is nothing like cinematic mode.
I could be wrong, but I think my mini is slower in cine mode. It’s too windy now to go out and try it though.

Cine mode on the Mavic Mini is way slower than the MA2. For me, tripod mode is just way too fast and jerky. They need to smooth out the control sticks to make flying buttery smooth and for the gimbal, they need to fix it so we can control the speed and smoothness. Overall, I love the MA2, it just needs some fine tuning.

It's really looking like DJI Fly is seriously immature software. It's got a lot of growing up to do to approach Go4. Yes, my MA(1) has cinematic mode (and an attitude bowl and customizable control response and other stuff that I would not trade away easily).

I am researching before I purchase the MA2. I like so much about it for general flying and casual videos. But I think you called it correctly about the “growing up” Or maturity of the app. I have read many similar questions and comments supporting that description. I will press on with my MPP - one ribbon cable at a time!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven