DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Mini multi-pack charger support storage mode?

dmo

Reactions
Recently purchased Mavic Mini fly-more combo and am concerned about process for placing batteries into storage mode. I have seen posts indicating other DJI series charging devices can place power cells into a storage mode for long term dis-use. Is this a feature of the Mavic Mini charging pack? I have not seen such function enumerated in the owner's manual that came with the kit.

Reactions: old man mavic
Recently purchased Mavic Mini fly-more combo and am concerned about process for placing batteries into storage mode. I have seen posts indicating other DJI series charging devices can place power cells into a storage mode for long term dis-use. Is this a feature of the Mavic Mini charging pack? I have not seen such function enumerated in the owner's manual that came with the kit.
no it doesn't.

the flymore combo does not discharge the batteries to a storage mode, the batteries do not self discharge like other lipos, what you can do with the hub is to put one battery in at a time,plug a device such as you phone into the hub and use the battery in the hub to then charge it, just like a power bank does just keep an eye on it and stop when you get to the desired level dont put three batts in or it will not switch to a different battery until the first one is very low, the same as it charges them up one at a time, once you have them all at the correct level the you can leave them in the hub, till you next need them charge,d just check on them after a couple of weeks as they will slowly lose some charge over a long period of time

the flymore combo does not discharge the batteries to a storage mode, the batteries do not self discharge like other lipos, what you can do with the hub is to put one battery in at a time,plug a device such as you phone into the hub and use the battery in the hub to then charge it, just like a power bank does just keep an eye on it and stop when you get to the desired level dont put three batts in or it will not switch to a different battery until the first one is very low, the same as it charges them up one at a time, once you have them all at the correct level the you can leave them in the hub, till you next need them charge,d just check on them after a couple of weeks as they will slowly lose some charge over a long period of time
Sounds like a very workable solution, much obliged

that may well be true,so why would the manual say, that if the batteries are not going to be used for more 10 days to discharge them to between 39% to 75%

Reactions: Capt KO
that may well be true,so why would the manual say, that if the batteries are not going to be used for more 10 days to discharge them to between 39% to 75%
That is rather curious, unless they are using smart circuitry from LiPo technology instead of developing new and rewriting code.

They still lose charge if you keep them fully charged all the time, Samsung specs state 10% within a year which isn't too bad. Biggest issue is the internal resistance and voltage punch you lose when it sags due to high internal resistance. Might be fine for a vape pen, not so great for something that's airborne.

Attachments

• SAMSUNG INR18650-25R.pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 25

Abundance of caution. I use 18650's in other devices and have researched this. Long term storage, yes, store them at <>50%. But in the case of 18650 Li-ions, long term means three months or longer.

However if you were to choose keep fully charged after flight or not charge right after flight, I'd choose latter.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB