DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Remember it's Home point, after Total loss of Signal?

Yes, hovering would be much easier. People have tried that and it does not work.

Well, dont mean to confront you mate. But it DOES work :) granted takignoff slowly on the samelocation might also work people have reorted it doesnt:) go figure !

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I had my mavic 3 days I am always careful were I fly it but I was 400ft out and 200ft up my mavic lost gps with 21 satellites showing it went into Atti mode as I turned to come back towards my self and started to pick up speed I hit the RTH button nothing it carried on it own path with no input on the sticks and crashed about 700ft away into a tree I had my mavic in LOS at all times

Attachments

• IMG_0995.PNG
    IMG_0995.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1082.PNG
    IMG_1082.PNG
    445.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1083.PNG
    IMG_1083.PNG
    478.1 KB · Views: 83
Yours was not a GPS loss.. yours was an IMU failure of some kind. Totally different animal.

The manual is referring to the GPS receiver inside of your Mavic. While it's true the last recorded home point is always stored in your Mavic (and never forgotten), it will not be able to return to it if the data coming from its GPS receiver cannot be used. If that occurs, your Mavic will land at its current location instead of trying to return to the home point.
Maybe you have some insight. I can't get a real answer from the DJI Forum. If I am taking off from the same location (make shift launch pad), should I hear "home point has been recorded" before take off on my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on flights? I only hear from the 1st initial take off. I'm wondering if the MP does not say since the HP location has not change.

Not sure about that I haven't tried it
You think every time you take off the home point would be recorded as a safety feature. When you land each time do you power your drone down if not it probably remembers the home point

should I hear "home point has been recorded" before take off on my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on flights? I only hear from the 1st initial take off.
The home point is only set after the motors have been started (or stopped and restarted).

Reactions: Rbruz
Nope it already gets set once when the first lock after power up is acquired. Then set again on motor start unless it absolutely hasn't moved (pretty much always will).

The voice announcement is however regularly missing for me, even though the aircraft DOES record HP as can be confirmed by looking at the tail LED and seeing it flash green 10 times.

Nope it already gets set once when the first lock after power up is acquired. Then set again on motor start unless it absolutely hasn't moved (pretty much always will).

The voice announcement is however regularly missing for me, even though the aircraft DOES record HP as can be confirmed by looking at the tail LED and seeing it flash green 10 times.
I don't hear the the prompt or see it on the display after my initial take off. I wonder if it is because I'm landing and taking off at the same exact spot. Im using a launch pad at home to dial my settings before I go out. Ive moved my launch pad to a different location and it will record a new home point. I'll keep testing it.

So if I see the green H bubble on my display but don't hear the home point set prompt, am I safe to say it's set???

Not sure about that I haven't tried it
You think every time you take off the home point would be recorded as a safety feature. When you land each time do you power your drone down if not it probably remembers the home point
Try taking on/off at the same point after your initial home point set. I don't think you will hear the prompt since it the exact spot. I think I tested it since I didn't hear it. However, for the 4th take off, I moved my MP 10 ft away from my lanch pad andI hear the prompt say, Home point has been recoreded

I don't hear the the prompt or see it on the display after my initial take off. I wonder if it is because I'm landing and taking off at the same exact spot.
Are you stopping and starting the motors before taking off again?

Are you stopping and starting the motors before taking off again?
I think I am. I'll double check. I don't if it's just me. Hopefully I can test it out today. If i stop, pick up the mavic, move it to a different spot, and start it again, I will hear the prompt...When you say stoping the motors, do you mean completely turning off the AC?

When you say stoping the motors, do you mean completely turning off the AC?
No. Hold the left stick down until the motors shut off. Then, turn the motors back on.

No. Hold the left stick down until the motors shut off. Then, turn the motors back on.
Thanks for the clarification. I went back to my original post in the DJI Forum, and what you just said about starting and stopping.

From DJI Mindy:
"Even if the GPS quality is enhanced afterwards, the Home point will not be refreshed due to it is not the first-time taking off after the aircraft is powered on."

So I guess I shouldn't expect to hear or see the prompt at every take off unless I turn the AC off/on. That eases my mind now. I was afraid that my HP wasn't functioning correctly.

From DJI Mindy:
"Even if the GPS quality is enhanced afterwards, the Home point will not be refreshed due to it is not the first-time taking off after the aircraft is powered on."
I'm not sure what that means.

The home point is definitely reset after stopping and restarting the motors. That will cause a new flight log to be created too.

I'm not sure what that means.

The home point is definitely reset after stopping and restarting the motors. That will cause a new flight log to be created too.

hmm.. so would the MP know its exact location as the 1st take off, if the GPS are good on the 2nd flight, and you are taking off the same exact spot? On the 2nd flight, the AC is on, motors are off. I think that's why I don't hear the prompt on my 2nd take off. Ill double check again if its this scenario. Shouldn't the motors be automatically off when you land though?

so would the MP know its exact location as the 1st take off, if the GPS are good on the 2nd flight, and you are taking off the same exact spot?
I'm not sure what you mean. The Mavic always knows its exact location since it contains a GPS receiver.

I think that's why I don't hear the prompt on my 2nd take off.
I don't recall whether or not the app announces the home point has been marked. I'm referring to the actual marking of the home point in the flight log. Review your flight logs and you should see the home point is different if you don't take off from the same location.

Shouldn't the motors be automatically off when you land though?
The motors will shut off if the Mavic auto lands itself. If you disable Landing Protection and land it manually, you'll have to shut down the motors yourself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu