DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

Hi! I have the exact same problem!!! and DJI says it's not a known issue even though i received 2 replacement drones in 2018 that came with the same issue. also i have the "watercolour" effect on and off. like sometimes it looks as bad as having -2 sharpness and some other times the footage is just good...
DJI 0102b
Crop
DJI 0102bcrop
eLExn8
eLExn8

Please understand: the watercolor effect and mushy pics are not an issue for the Mavic, it's a "feature" of the poor camera, and all complaints&claims to DJI or even Mavic exchanges (except of some really ****** peaces) will not sort this out. (also the vignette effect / red hot spot under some light conditions etc.)

There were reported (by customers, not by DJI) only two ways how to reduce this AFAIK:
1) stay on FW .700 with so far the best compression algorhytms with not so bad noise reduction, and/or
2) use +1 sharpening, correct exposure (shutter/ISO with correct ND filters), and eventually also filming in 2,7k (to reduce flickering effect)

yes - there is also the third way - use postprocessing, what has to be combined with both previous bullets anyway...

Hope this helps a bit, cheers.
The mavic 2 also has this issue with no way to change sharpness
Please understand: the watercolor effect and mushy pics are not an issue for the Mavic, it's a "feature" of the poor camera, and all complaints&claims to DJI or even Mavic exchanges (except of some really ****** peaces) will not sort this out. (also the vignette effect / red hot spot under some light conditions etc.)

There were reported (by customers, not by DJI) only two ways how to reduce this AFAIK:
1) stay on FW .700 with so far the best compression algorhytms with not so bad noise reduction, and/or
2) use +1 sharpening, correct exposure (shutter/ISO with correct ND filters), and eventually also filming in 2,7k (to reduce flickering effect)

yes - there is also the third way - use postprocessing, what has to be combined with both previous bullets anyway...

Hope this helps a bit, cheers.
The Mavic air 2 doesn't have a sharpness setting. I have updated the drone through assistant 2 and testing today. I feel my drone is just junk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr