DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic's GPS receiver support new European GPS (Galileo)

The more the merrier only works up to a point and that point was reached when you have GPS + Glonass systems together.
There's nothing at all to be gained from using yet another system.
wow you of all people surpised me by the neg remaks about
If your Mavic was only holding position within 5 metres even in 25 mph winds, that's way out of normal.
As for the more, the merrier concept, we already have that using GPS + Glonass sats.
If the 20+ sats that offers isn't more than enough, you have other problems.
Not sure why you have a problem with modding for Galileo satellites you’ve all people been around here long enough to know that’s what we do..and with everything turned off at night time we are just using your gps is what I’m talking about it very much improves your horizontal movement down to about 1 1/2 m Cozz it does float all way around in the dark using only gps.If you don’t agree with us and don’t ever try it and I know when they come out with the new drones are GPS plus glow Nas plus Galileo I guess you probably won’t wanna buy one

wow you of all people surpised me by the neg remaks about
Negative?
You have a problem with actual fact-based information?

Not sure why you have a problem with modding for Galileo satellites you’ve all people been around here long enough to know that’s what we do..and with everything turned off at night time we are just using your gps is what I’m talking about it very much improves your horizontal movement down to about 1 1/2 m Cozz it does float all way around in the dark using only gps.If you don’t agree with us and don’t ever try it and I know when they come out with the new drones are GPS plus glow Nas plus Galileo I guess you probably won’t wanna buy one
Horizontal accuracy down to 1.5 metres is impressive.

... But it's exactly the same as the Mavic 2 specs using GPS + Glonass
Hovering Accuracy RangeVertical:
± 0.1 m (when vision positioning is active)
± 0.5 m (with GPS positioning)
Horizontal:
± 0.3 m (when vision positioning is active)
± 1.5 m (with GPS positioning)
Or ....... exactly the same as the lowly Phantom 3 Standard using only GPS

Hover Accuracy RangeVertical:
±0.5 m
Horizontal:
±1.5 m
Sorry to burst your bubble but you are fooling yourself with the idea that more automatically is better.
Once you have enough sats in a good spread, more sats doesn't make anything any better at all.

Last edited:
Does Super Patcher work on the newer firmware as well as the one it states? Only a couple revisions newer. Bought my mavic used and it was already updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54