DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the app-issues with devices such as the Samsung S7 still exist?

sanderfu

Reactions
Over the last two years, there has been a lot of issues regarding the usability of the DJI Go app on devices such as the Samsung S7, which also lead to the device beeing temporarily removed from supported DJI devices (now officially back).

The DJI Customer Support claims that the issues have been resolved, but there has been no forum activity indicating this. Does anyone use the Samsung S7 or a similar device when flying and have any information on this?

Thank you all so much in advance, I am considering bying myself a Mavic Pro but I want to assure myself that it will actually work nicely :)

App problems will come and go. The problem with Android devices is there are so many OS varieties and combinations of hardware that it is more difficult to program correctly for all of them. I have an under-powered Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet that used to work until a background update installed Go 4 version 4.1.18 that did not work at all. I downgraded to 4.1.15 and it now works perfectly.

iDevices have more success because Apple has a lock on the OS and hardware which makes programming easier (fewer variables); although there was one instance of an Apple OS update that rendered Go 4 un-usable for a short time before it was corrected.

DJI seems to be getting better at testing their updates before releasing and I have not been hearing of as many problems with Go 4. Perhaps they learned their lesson with v4.1.18. I think a good rule to follow is that once you have a working combination of hardware, software, and firmware versions, turn off auto-updating so you can decide to update or not based on the feature set offered.

I haven't downloaded the latest updates for the Mavic but my S7 has been running with no issues on the previous version.

4.1.18 has been running on my S7 edge for weeks with no issues (at least none that I can trace to the app itself).

Using 4.1.15 on my S7 Edge in Airplane mode and all background apps closed. No issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird