DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mini 2 have Remote ID built in?

I got one of my USAF buddies send me a Japanese Mini 2 that comes in at 199grams. I'll be able to lighten the prop guards to keep it under 250grams.

Boy, I hope you did not mess up here… The Japanese Mini 2 uses a smaller battery than the US Mini 2.

The Japanese batteries fit in the US version, but I do not know if the US Smart Batteries will fit into your Japanese model (I don't think so…). And I think the battery only gives about 15-minutes of flying time max… I remember reading several complaints a while back that the Japanese batteries caused forced RTH at 10-minutes or less…

If you just wanted to fly with the Prop Guards on the Mini 2 and remain under 250-grams, you should have had your USAF Bud just sent you the batteries…

Also, due to Japanese law, besides the lower max weight, the Transmission power for the OcuSync Range for is only 6 Km (3.5 miles) verses 10 KM (6-miles) for the US model

If you bought the DJI Care Refresh and you require service, you are not going to get it from Fort Worth Facility, they only stock the US version and besides the possible differences in construction to reduce the weight, the firmware is definitely different otherwise, when I updated the Fly App Version to 1.7.4 on my Mini 2, I would have the RID capability now, it doesn't…

I have one question, does the App display in English or Japanese?

Reactions: Mavic Merrick
In my point, i don't support any of Remote ID features. That's a just hobby. DJI already restricts risky areas from flyings. By doing this, DJI may lose their customers to Xiaomi, Autel and other producers even if DJI is far better than them. It is bad that goverment may watch you instantenously while you are flying. On the other side, if RID makes flying easier and more legal according to goverments and expand free zones much, that would be nice so.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Doesn’t need remote ID… it’s under 250g. Correct me if I’m wrong.
My Mini 2 is over 250mg, because of the prop guard (I haven't had a chance to get practice flying in open areas, and have already replaced two blades), and the strobe. So I've registered it as such. I take it that means I can't fly it over groups. But I did drive by a large city field that was totally empty (it used to be strawberry fields, now soccer fields), so I have to check that one out. It will be my luck it will have a "No Drone Flying" warning sign.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000