DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the white Mavic have the Platium esc?

AnchorageAk

Reactions
In a weak moment I was thinking about ordering the white one, but didn't know about the esc.

No. The ESCs are the same as in the gray Mavic Pro.

Right. You'll definitely want to buy the Mavic Pro Platinum if you want to take advantage of the latest enhancements DJI made.

Can't understand why DJI would come out with another model after the Platinum version and have the Standard Mavic Pro ESC 's and Standard Props on it. You'd think the Alpine White would have been a newly painted Platinum not a newly Painted Mavic Pro. So what's next. .... ?

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Whatever is next for the Mavic I think its going to be really good. They have been moving sideways with their releases for almost a year, so I figure they are working on something big. They know the market is just about saturated, they need a product that will make existing owners buy a new drone. It's gotta have a much better camera, probably 35 min flight time and a lot more bells and whistles.

The trade off will be that your probably going to be stuck in an even worst firmware situation. I expect DJI Nanny to be built in on so many levels that flying will become a 30 minute pre flight exercise in refresher courses and downloads.

Rob

Whatever is next for the Mavic I think its going to be really good. They have been moving sideways with their releases for almost a year, so I figure they are working on something big. They know the market is just about saturated, they need a product that will make existing owners buy a new drone. It's gotta have a much better camera, probably 35 min flight time and a lot more bells and whistles.

The trade off will be that your probably going to be stuck in an even worst firmware situation. I expect DJI Nanny to be built in on so many levels that flying will become a 30 minute pre flight exercise in refresher courses and downloads.

Rob
I hope they release a new Mavic soon, I am beginning to think they know something coming down the pipe in the way of new UAV laws that might put an end to all of this. DJI has just really seemed to concentrate on commercial drones and now with the racing goggles it seems they are exploring options outside of arial photography and sticking with projects that are easier to manage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prado man
I hope they release a new Mavic soon, I am beginning to think they know something coming down the pipe in the way of new UAV laws that might put an end to all of this. DJI has just really seemed to concentrate on commercial drones and now with the racing googles it seems they are exploring options outside of arial photography and sticking with projects that are easier to manage.

I agree that may be true but I don't think anything is going to happen within the next 6-12 months, so you can bet that even if DJI knew that something was going to happen they would not hesitate to make millions of more dollars on a new drone before it happens. Even if new laws are implemented in the USA they will have already made a killing.

I am actually shocked that DJI did not have a Mavic2 already on display.

Rob

DJI were so ahead of time with Mavic 1, both in terms of capabilities and aggressive price (which even ICE mentions in their now infamous report), that the minor upgrades 1b (Platinum) and 1c (Alpine, just color) are flying off the shelves like hotcakes, making DJI tons of cash, so there's no urgent need for them to introduce Mavic 2. My uneducated guess for M2 is Sept 2018.

That's not such a weak moment. If I was buying right now I'd consider that one.

I was wondering if the white Mavic would be less susceptible to bird attacks?

In any case, it'll be less obvious in the sky in most cases... more stealth. ;)

Even if it is, this doesn't outweigh the disadvantage of locked firmware on Alpine, and any drone can be made white by using professionally made skins or even DIYing.
I didn't know what you were talking about... so I read the "How to rollback Mavic firmware" thread and now I have that deer in the headlights look on my face. :eek: Wow. I didn't know any of that was going on.

Just yesterday I was wondering if I should upgrade from .400 to get some of the new flight modes. I guess the answer is "no."

That Alpine sure is a pretty drone, though...

Anything after .700 on the AC is suspect.....
.400 is sweet.
But yes, you can downgrade if you need to, just search for Digdat0 on you tube.
You used to be able to do that from the DJI website, but I think they pulled all the "good" versions off (.400 is rock solid), when they started to "hobble" the AC/firmware.

I didn't know what you were talking about... so I read the "How to rollback Mavic firmware" thread and now I have that deer in the headlights look on my face. :eek: Wow. I didn't know any of that was going on.

Just yesterday I was wondering if I should upgrade from .400 to get some of the new flight modes. I guess the answer is "no."

That Alpine sure is a pretty drone, though...

Yep. Alpines, Platinums and September-on manufactured Pros are all locked. A workaround exists for (at least) Pros (with FW 1.04.0000 or below) involving opening the body (voiding warranty) and inserting an SD card. Not sure about Alpines.

The color in person (just my personal opinion) is "meh", looks like kitchen appliance. I recommend checking it out at your local Apple store before making judgment.

Any Mavic can be transformed in appearance by skins.

Reactions: KiterTodd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31