DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does this drone seem too good to be true?

You might look at the Ryze Tello, offered by DJI. You can get a full kit for under $120. Originally release as a “selfie drone”, the Tello community on Facebook are very positive.

Reactions: Tacohillman
I really hope this is in the right section but I came across a sjrc s20w GPS drone with a moveable 1080p camera at the bottom. I saw a video for it and at 116$ dollars this almost seems too good to be true. The controller looks great and it holds your phone so you can get a first person view while panning the camera around. It is really nice that the camera doesn't need AA batteries. The drone is uses brush motors but I am not sure if that is a huge problem or not; I just need to look for signs for a worn out motor. It has really good range, a return to home button along with a low battery indicator.

This does really seem too good to be true. Everything about it seems near perfect so I wanted your guys opinions about it.
I bought the SJRC Z5 to practice in an open field as an inexpensive unit. When the wind is strong, the wind wins. I should have got the brushless unit (F11) for a few bucks more. Not so with the MA. The Z5 has a geofence in GPS mode. When it hits it, it bucks up and back. The fence is about 100 feet away. In non GPS mode it can go anywhere, but the wind has its way with it. That’s not a bad thing when learning. Also, flying without a phone, when the battery dies, the Z5 drops like a rock without warning. If at a high altitude, or with a barrier, that would be a problem. I get 10 to 15 min per battery. Camera is ok but nowhere near the MA quality. It is a step up from toy drones. It supposedly has optiflow sensors, which does help in GPS mode, but it has gone rouge on a few occasions. I wouldn’t trust it outside the 100 foot radius anyway.

Not even investigating this one as it looks like a complete scam at first blush. But I will tell you this. My spouse wanted to buy me a drone for several years and I said thanks, but the tech is moving and let's see where they go... FF to last Christmas I almost bought a DJI Phantom w/1080p video capability (used but cheap!). I had heard about 2.7k and 4k video, but thought heck, my 60 inch TV looks fine at 1080p. WRONG! You get what you PAY for generally. Had a demo of a MP from a friend, saw its video and that was that. 2.7/4k video DOES matter and if I'd "saved" the five hundred bucks I ended up adding to get a new MP and all the candy with it, it would have become a yard-sale item very shortly.

Bottom line, you don't have to buy the flagship, but too good to be true is. Good luck!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent