DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does this look like I screwed up changing a motor/arm?

g1ant

Reactions
I changed out the rear right arm/motor on my Mavic pro as it was damaged by a previous owner. The drone flew ok before this but it was hard to get the prop on.

I took it for a very short test flight. Took off and then moved it forward so it was over grass. After hovering for a few minutes it started to drift so I initiated an auto land. That caused the drone to circle and auto land failed to bring the drone back. So I forced landed it.

Then I couldn't see it in the grass so I did an auto take off. Then got cocky and decided to try and turn it round and fly it home. All was well for a minute or so until it looped and crashed nicely into a small tree.

I notice in the log that there is an wireless interference warning . Is this the problem or do I have an intermittent fault on the new motor?
If one motor fails or slows does this show up as a fault in the log?

Thanks
Alex - Electronics hobbyist and drone Noobie

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-05-12_[11-13-31].txt
    412.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-05-12_[11-18-33].txt
    118.6 KB · Views: 5
The wires are exactly as they should be I think. . Of course I forgot to recalibrate the compass. I’ll do that then double check the wires and try another flight in a different location.

Keep us updated please

Reactions: ResistanceFlyer
I've been looking to see how to calibrate the compass, and my app just says that the compass is normal.
I found online that flicking between normal and sport mode in quick succession about 5 times instages a calibration.

Appologies if you knew this already.

Reactions: ResistanceFlyer
I replaced a broken propellor p, calibrated the compass and now it flies just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest