DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Android tablet work?

What's the largest phone/tablet that will fit the controller? I strictly bought the MP for the portability and nice camera for its size, so don't want a huge monitor as it all must fit in the provided man purse.

Bottom line: I will buy a new dedicated Android tablet, but only one that works reliably and is around $100. Impossible?
Another to consider is the Nexus 7, 2013 model. A bit more than $100, I bought mine factory-refurbished (couldn't tell it apart from brand new) for about $150. It's about the maximum size that will fit into the Mavic's controller arms, but I have since switched it to a MavMount because it's better balanced, easier to hold and can take a hood.

I rooted mine, although the only thing I've used root for so far is to boost the volume level to one that I can actually hear clearly outdoors. It fully supports regular and modded Go4, Litchi and a few others tools for flying. My N7 is dedicated to the Mavic, so I've ripped out everything not needed for that and it runs fine. My biggest remaining issue (true for most Androids) is finding a way to stop the Mavic's controller from recharging the N7 via the USB cable; it's not necessary and I'd rather keep the juice in the controller.

Another to consider is the Nexus 7, 2013 model. A bit more than $100, I bought mine factory-refurbished (couldn't tell it apart from brand new) for about $150. It's about the maximum size that will fit into the Mavic's controller arms, but I have since switched it to a MavMount because it's better balanced, easier to hold and can take a hood.

I rooted mine, although the only thing I've used root for so far is to boost the volume level to one that I can actually hear clearly outdoors. It fully supports regular and modded Go4, Litchi and a few others tools for flying. My N7 is dedicated to the Mavic, so I've ripped out everything not needed for that and it runs fine. My biggest remaining issue (true for most Androids) is finding a way to stop the Mavic's controller from recharging the N7 via the USB cable; it's not necessary and I'd rather keep the juice in the controller.

Ha! I saw that my phone said it was recharging. I thought, what the?

The MP was purpose bought to fit in the small bag. I saw it for the first time at a mud jam and said I gotta get one, but no addons to lug around. It all must fit in the bag or pocket. So, I'm stuck with getting a small tablet it appears.

Thanks for the help.
Fellow Pilot - I use a Samsung 7 Edge, iPad Air and sometimes -Acer Iconia 10. NOTE: For a good size Android tablet, it has a bright screen (IPS I believe) for bright sunlit flights. But for the life of me I cannot use Litchi on it. Either with DJI G0 4 installed or not. But with DJI G0 4, it is as solid as the iPad. I would love to be able to have both DJI Go 4 AND Litchi and be able to use either one without jumping through hoops, like on my iPad Air.

Using a Samsung Tab4 8inch and works flawlessly on latest firmware and go4. The only hassle is it is 5mm to big to fit in arms so have to use a tablet holder. But is bright and smooth video from Mavic with minimal lag.

Samsung tab s2 works well, however need to turn controller on first, then TURN ON the S2. S2 needs to be powered off to on.

I use an Acer Iconia One 7 that I bought for $ 65 CAD that (seems so far) to work perfectly. No adapters needed and bought a short coiled USB cable with right angle connectors to go from the tablet to the USBin the bottom of the controller.

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

So, like many I wanted a larger screen, but one that fitted the controller rather than an add on attachment. So I went for the same one as PropPilot, Acer Iconia One 7" B1-780. So far I've connected it on the desk to test, no flying as yet. I'll be interested to see how it performs...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000