DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Android tablet work?

So prop pilot, how do you find it is for brightness.. I've been using the acer iconia one for quite a few flights, and I've had no issues, works great. However this winter its been very grey and foggy everytime i've flown it. This saturday however it was bright and sunny, and I couldnt see the screen, maybe 5% vision, except for on map view was ok. Today it was a bit cloudy but not grey and I took it out again, and still very difficult to see. I tried to hold it on the shady side of my body and I have it on full bright, I dont know if something happened to it or this weekend has just been brighter than my past flights.. as it is its no good to me. I cant say another product would work better as I have nothing to compare to, other than I should've tried my phone. A hood may help.
How do you find it on bright days?

I dearly hope mine will work, no way to know yet still waiting on my Mavic but I have a 1.5 year old Note Pro 12.2 that I plan on using for it on a tripod.

Found my note 12.2 in my old bookbag today. Dusted it off and gave it a good charge. No bueno. :( The DJI Go 4 app crashed while updating to the new firmware. Swapped to phone to complete update. Swapped back to tablet to test and all i got was a distorted image with no usefulness.

So I got the MTK version of the Acer tablet and it works great with DJI go version 4. However it is difficult to see. After the flight I checked the brightness and it was a bit low. I have increased it to max and will test again.

Found my note 12.2 in my old bookbag today. Dusted it off and gave it a good charge. No bueno. :( The DJI Go 4 app crashed while updating to the new firmware. Swapped to phone to complete update. Swapped back to tablet to test and all i got was a distorted image with no usefulness.
I may be a little vague here.. but who knows, it might just lead you to sirting it out. I was watching a you tube video about an android crashing after an update and garbled screen.
It seems that he went into developer mode and changed the screen resolution/ size
Problem solved.
It's a while since a saw it but if I come across the link I'll share it. No guarantees of course.. but who knows?

Dmanisgnarly. Further to my previous post here is the link.
Looks like my memory is not quite 100%. But for what it's worth. Hope it helps.
As I said. No guarantees. [emoji53]

Reactions: dmanisgnarly
Hi,
I am an another happy owner of Acer Iconia. My model is B1-780 with Mediatek processor and it works great.

So prop pilot, how do you find it is for brightness..

Hi Mig, on bright days you have to use a hood. I have been playing with a couple of cheap and easy options. I don't find my iPhone much better either. I think it is a generic problem to all devices with some being somewhat better than others but I have not seen a posting (chime in anyone if I missed) of a device that is clearly the winner in the BRIGHT category. By device I mean a tablet or phone and not the new crystal sky that DJI is working on or FPV devices obviously.

ok im ordering short lead with 90 degree plug now
many thankcolin

Newbee here. Just ordered the drone and waiting for it. You mentioned that you ordered a 90 degree cable. Do I need to order a cable to connect between the Iconia and the drone controller? If so what cable.. Amazon delivers here daily.. :)

I also just ordered this tablet while I'm waiting for my Mavic to be delivered Comments welcome
Acer Iconia One 7 NT.LCJAA.001;B1-780-K610 7" Tablet
  • 1 GB DDR SDRAM +16 GB Flash Memory
  • 7" In-plane switching (IPS) technology 1280 x 720 Display
  • Android 6.0
  • Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11Abgn, Bluetooth 4.0
  • 1.30 GHz Mediatek cortex A53 MT8163

Newbee here. Just ordered the drone and waiting for it. You mentioned that you ordered a 90 degree cable. Do I need to order a cable to connect between the Iconia and the drone controller? If so what cable.. Amazon delivers here daily.. :)
hi
the connector
hi
I will post pics later today
colin

hi
the connector

hi
I will post pics later today
colin

DIY mod for using a phone with case attached
Is this what I should be buying..?

And should it be left or right 90 degree angle

Amazon.com: Short USB OTG Cable On-The-Go Adapter Micro USB Male to A Female for Android Smart Phones (90 Degree Left Angled) 6inch, 2Pack: Computers & Accessories

Short USB OTG Cable On-The-Go Adapter Micro USB Male to A Female for Android Smart Phones (90 Degree Left Angled) 6inch, 2Pack
hi
tablet socket will be on the right so ether should be ok.
the lead with the tablet will work but stick out more.

see this post to get tablet to fit controller nicely

DIY mod for using a phone with case attached

colin20170517_131203.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like your model has the Intel ATOM processor. I am not an expert on Android devices however my own conclusions from reading the posts on Acer Iconia users here is that the models with the Mediatek processor seem to work great and the models with the Intel processor don't seem to work at all. There are a few posts and my feeling is that the processor is the difference.

I run a Samsung S2 Tab which HAD V6 Firmware. Everything ran fine, both Litchi and DJI with my Mavic Pro
Samsung released V7 for the S2's the other day. I upgraded.
This I think was a bad mistake as Litchi does not connect to the controller anymore. Rebooted etc etc still nothing.
De installed both apps, reboot, instal litchi, still not working.
Fired up DJI GO 4 and connected perfectly.
Why would DJI GO connect but Litchi does not.
Any help would be appreciated, in the meantime i am going to see about rolling my firmware back to the previous version

I've got go4 loaded via download other than dji and seems ok.
I've made all settings adjustments etc and seems ok.
Raining again so nothing tested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929