DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Android tablet work?

I was going to tell you that here are the specs but obviously you know that.
You COULD sell a battery and re-buy a nexus 7 !!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!

Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013) - Full tablet specifications

I tried my Nexus 7 2013. It is barely working. I experience screen lagging, and sometime crashing with the DJI Go 4.01 App. Because of the delay, I cannot trust how close my Mavic really is to objects while navigating. Did you have to do something about the lag? I heard other people has similar issues. It fits the controller perfectly, and really want it to work out. I am thinking of getting a iPad mini 4 if I cannot fix the lag issue. If any of you has any tips, please share.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Update. Screen is plenty bright and no bad habits noted. This is seriously a heck of a dedicated Android based controller for the money. Tomorrow I will fly it a ton and will report any issues

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Reactions: CaveDrone
I use an Acer Iconia One 7 that I bought for $ 65 CAD that (seems so far) to work perfectly. No adapters needed and bought a short coiled USB cable with right angle connectors to go from the tablet to the USBin the bottom of the controller.

Did you buy it new or used? Where did you buy it? My Mavic is coming next week, and I'm thinking my HTC One isn't going to work well with it.

I bought a refurb with full warranty from Canadacomputers for $ 65 bucks. Looked brand new in the box. Noticed the next day (and still) it went down to $ 60 CAD. The choice and purchase were a fluke as i bought a NIB unit from Walmart.ca for $ 88 for a Christmas gift and on the way home from giving it thought 'wait a minute !' Dropped into Canadacomputers in Waterloo and they had that deal. As it was returnable, it was a no brainer to take home and try out and so far it has worked perfectly. The app has not crashed once and the video stream is totally smooth. Love the big screen vs my iPhone. I was going to try the ipad mini I use for aviation maps but found out an original ipad mini does not work so this solution as a dedicated controller at that price fit the bill.

Last edited:
I bought a refurb with full warranty from Canadacomputers for $ 65 bucks. Looked brand new in the box. Noticed the next day (and still) it went down to $ 60 CAD. The choice and purchase were a fluke as i bought a NIB unit from Walmart.ca for $ 88 for a Christmas gift and on the way home from giving it thought 'wait a minute !' Dropped into Canadacomputers in Waterloo and they had that deal. As it was returnable, it was a no brainer to take home and try out and so far it has worked perfectly. The app has not crashed once and the video stream is totally smooth. Love the big screen vs my iPhone. I was going to try the ipad mini I use for aviation maps but found out an original ipad mini does not work so this solution as a dedicated controller at that price fit the bill.

Just one more question! Are you using the DJI Go4 app?
Thanks

You want the B1-770

I see it is now 69 from 79. I paid 65 then it went to 59 and now 69.

Just flew two full flights the farthest and highest I have been and the tablet was flawless. I did notice at one point that there was not signal bars showing on the tablet for the controller uplink but it showed full bars on the controller itself. I think the Android app has a couple of bugs in reading the forums however this is the only thing I have noted thus far.

Two thumbs up [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Reactions: Hans Nieuwenhuis
You want the B1-770

I see it is now 69 from 79. I paid 65 then it went to 59 and now 69.

Just flew two full flights the farthest and highest I have been and the tablet was flawless. I did notice at one point that there was not signal bars showing on the tablet for the controller uplink but it showed full bars on the controller itself. I think the Android app has a couple of bugs in reading the forums however this is the only thing I have noted thus far.

Two thumbs up [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Thanks. On their website it shows 2 different B1-770's - one for 64.99 and one for $69.00? Which one do you have?
Also, what version of Android are you using? Does this tablet have GPS?
Now, I'm pretty sure that I have no more questions!
Thanks, again.

No idea. I would believe that anything newer than mine would be good. I loved the price point which made it a no brainer to have dedicated to the job. I will share a couple of further comments as i play more. The tablet plays the cached video files flawlessly but does not have the horsepower to play the .MOV files with VLC or MX player right off the memory card. I pulled the card out of the drone and popped it into the tablet to see if it was a good viewer. VLC would not play (frozen video) and MX player was choppy.

No issues as all editing will be done on my iMac. I also installed AZ Screen Recorder to capture the flying sessions live with telemetry from the tablet displayed. When it is recording I see zero lag or issues with DJI Go 4 however when i play the recorded files on the Iconia tablet they are a bit jittery. I will try them on my iMac where i suspect they will be solid. Playback is good enough to review the flight and i can probably play with the recording resolution as i thing it is set higher than the tablet screen resolution.

Could not care less about the issues mentioned above. If i did i would have popped for a dedicated ipad mini but that breaks the dedicated aspect of the budget.

Still a two thumbs way up [emoji106][emoji106]

Last edited:
My Samsung SM-T800 10.5" works just fine on GO4 but its way to big ....

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I dearly hope mine will work, no way to know yet still waiting on my Mavic but I have a 1.5 year old Note Pro 12.2 that I plan on using for it on a tripod.

Now that I found where the flight logs moved to in version 4.0.1 I am one hundred percent happy with the Iconia and Android platform. If you have any issues, PM me as mine has been solid

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore