DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dog Attacks Drone

I was kind of rooting for the dog :)

in all seriousness, it may be comical, but it isn’t conditioning the dog properly. Unless you want the dog to go nuclear when it sees a quad copter.

I was kind of rooting for the dog :)

in all seriousness, it may be comical, but it isn’t conditioning the dog properly. Unless you want the dog to go nuclear when it sees a quad copter.
Its a dog, its what they do.

One of my dogs is that same way. He loves to chase it. I have a huge field behind the house where I fly and he will run all the way out across that field trying to chase it down, doesn't matter if it is 10 feet or 100 feet off the ground. The other dog I have could care less about it. You can fly right over the top of him and hover and he doesn't even bat an eye at it.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
My Malamute could care less about flying near him and that's a good thing since he is large and has a strong prey drive. I was worried he would kill it.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Let's see what happens when he gets a propeller in the face! This has happened to me with other people's dogs. They do nothing to call the dog off, but you can bet, if a prop sliced their face open or took out an eye, we would be the first to be blamed! I hate dogs while I'm flying.

Let's see what happens when he gets a propeller in the face! This has happened to me with other people's dogs. They do nothing to call the dog off, but you can bet, if a prop sliced their face open or took out an eye, we would be the first to be blamed! I hate dogs while I'm flying.

Maybe try flying higher than 4ft elevation and you wont have to worry about it. Maybe dont fly in a park or where people and their dogs are, maybe dont be a snowflake. I hate ignorant people.

Reactions: Crocket1158
My Malamute could care less about flying near him and that's a good thing since he is large and has a strong prey drive. I was worried he would kill it.

My Mal is the same, I've taken her with me on nearly every single flight too, she's been with my drone from day one and it doesn't bother her at all - which is great really Thumbswayup

Maybe try flying higher than 4ft elevation and you wont have to worry about it. Maybe dont fly in a park or where people and their dogs are, maybe dont be a snowflake. I hate ignorant people.

I'd love to know how you land without passing 4ft, you'll have to share with the group as it sounds like a good trick for getting out of trouble.

Generally, I don't fly when dogs are around, as I'm considerate to others and don't want to be responsible for injuring someone else or their pet. but sometimes they show up mid-flight.

Oh! So close. My little Chihuoxen (Chihuahua-Dachshund) stands right next to my Mavic, and just couldn't care less. Your dog is way more fun.

how you land without passing 4ft.

436791ac713ecff4ee862765a5c9705c.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: Joely-Bird
Have you tried hand catching to land Joely ?

No, I haven't tried Hand takeoff or Landing... I read on here some time ago that it makes the Mav sensors freak out and do strange things... I'd be interested to know if there's a particular technique that works well, or whether firmware updates fixed some of the issues, it was well before Spark was introduced so maybe there have been improvements?

No, I haven't tried Hand takeoff or Landing... I read on here some time ago that it makes the Mav sensors freak out and do strange things... I'd be interested to know if there's a particular technique that works well, or whether firmware updates fixed some of the issues, it was well before Spark was introduced so maybe there have been improvements?
All you need to do is turn off precision landing. It lets you hand catch without fuss as well as giving you full control on landing. I hated having the Mavic decide that it was safe to land.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan