DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Dog does not like my drone

Ok some of its actions seem semi play but I would not 'persue' the dog with the drone just incase it prompts a fight response rather than flight. I would not like to see either injured.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chased a herd of steer with mine by accident. Was cruising across the countryside, spotted the cattle ahead and decided to take a look. Thought I was flying high enough not to bother them. Nope.

Got the new prop guards for my Mini 2. Decided to take a test flight in the house. Dog was not thrilled.

I bought a cheap knockoff of a Mavic Mini a few Months back...It’s Cheap, but My Dog Lucy has a blast chasing it...she actually caught it once!…But I REALLY REALLY Want is to get a 20 foot “Leash” and let the bigger Drone take her for a Walk!

Stop doing that!
You can clearly see by the dogs body language that it is very fearful!
The backwards ears and low waging tail tell it all.
You are creating trust issues where the dog is so unsure that it might launch out in the future but then it is the dogs fault because you have forgotten this provocation.
This kind of harassing is the cause for many bite incidents!

Ruud

O Paul, I do hope you are trying to be funny.
Otherwise you should go to a library and borrow a book about body language of dogs and the meaning of a low slow waging tail with ears turned back in the neck.

Ruud

O Paul, I do hope you are trying to be funny.
Otherwise you should go to a library and borrow a book about body language of dogs and the meaning of a low slow waging tail with ears turned back in the neck.

Ruud
Hi Ruud,
of course I was joking ? We have tree dogs and we know a little bit about the different behavciors and what they mean when they are barking or snarling ??
have a nice day even if in the Nederlands you also have a rather hard shutdown...In Germany it´s not much better! ?

cheers Paul

Thanks Paul,

Well our lockdown is much the same as yours from tomorrow....long overdue!
I work as an ambulance driver, so we have plenty to do. I was already certain that I couldn't celebrate Christmas, not because of the lockdown but 2 shifts.

Stay healthy and safe!

Ruud

Reactions: Nearlypastit
Thanks Paul,

Well our lockdown is much the same as yours from tomorrow....long overdue!
I work as an ambulance driver, so we have plenty to do. I was already certain that I couldn't celebrate Christmas, not because of the lockdown but 2 shifts.

Stay healthy and safe!
you´r welcome Ruud!
Oh that´s a rather hard job you got! Iam sorry to hear that you won´t be able to celebrate christmas ?
Stay safe and sound an the best wishes for 2021 !
cheers Paul

Good to see that your dog didn't go full-on attack against your drone ... that would not be good. My dog didn't care for drones either ... she barked at my Mavic Air when it was hovering over us in the backyard years ago.

Its a shame that she does seem scared at times. She may be more playful outside at a dogpark where she she isn't feeling confined or cornered but really pay attention to her mannerisms. My lab LOVES chasing after my MM and MA2. She will actually yell at me if I'm taking too long to get them in the air. I've gone through 4 batteries with her chasing it only to be yelled at again every I land to change them or park it when another dog shows up.

That was fun. Good you had the prop guards on. My dog General has become quite use to me buzzing around him. Have a good one.

Stop doing that!
You can clearly see by the dogs body language that it is very fearful!
The backwards ears and low waging tail tell it all.
You are creating trust issues where the dog is so unsure that it might launch out in the future but then it is the dogs fault because you have forgotten this provocation.
This kind of harassing is the cause for many bite incidents!

Ruud
Thanks for your opinion. I think after 10 years I know my dog.

Its a shame that she does seem scared at times. She may be more playful outside at a dogpark where she she isn't feeling confined or cornered but really pay attention to her mannerisms. My lab LOVES chasing after my MM and MA2. She will actually yell at me if I'm taking too long to get them in the air. I've gone through 4 batteries with her chasing it only to be yelled at again every I land to change them or park it when another dog shows up.
She is a he. And aside from what "some" people think, I wasn't "chasing" him with it. He had plenty of places to go and I did not "follow" him...he is far from a "scared" dog...loud and annoying barker...that he is. Nor is he vicioius in any way...he'd sooner lick you to death than bite. In the 10 years, I've had him, he's only nipped at me a few times...once when I woke him in the middle of the night to get off the bed ( in the dark )...I think he couldn't see me..but soon as he did he was all happy. Other times just playing around and he grabbed my pant cuff. But not once in 10 years has he ever tried to actually bite me or anyone else.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
My kids dog Mikey (R.I.P.) loved chasing my drones. It got so bad I couldn't even get near my remote without him getting all excited and barking. He would chase my tiny whoops all over the house. But here is a video from hiking with my MA. Outside he was more interested in the rabbits but I got his attention for this LOL.

Reactions: cyeung
Thanks for your opinion. I think after 10 years I know my dog.
In fact my pitbull thinks all drones are good sport.
We had a guy bring a RC dunebuggy down to the dog park.
We warned him but he laughed saying "it's pretty fast".
My pittie had it under 50 feet. Shook it like vermin.
The guy was screaming and I took it away. My pittie was like "do it again!"
The guy was moaning something about the shredded tire costing $50 and I reminded him...
"We told you the dogs would chase it and it IS a dog park".
So yeah I gotta be careful because my dog thinks they're his playtoys.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk