DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dog hair and indoor flying

Rchawks

Reactions
I'm not a pet owner, and haven't been one in 16 yrs, but for the sake of argument is it asking for trouble flying indoors with a dog in the house? I think I already know the answer for this one and state it more as a warning I think for other flyers who do fly in this kind of environment. We do house sit from time to time.

I don’t fly indoors, but my dog doesn’t pay any attention to the ones I fly from the backyard. An occasional sniff sometimes. Probably depends on how your dog feels about moving objects and props chewing off some of its nose. May be something to be a bit cautious with.

I was thinking about getting in some practice and shutting the dog in the other room. But I'm afraid of the motors ingesting hairs and causing problems. Big beautiful house, it would be a blast. Ah well. I try to see the positive side. Instead of learning by flying I'm trying to learn by reading.

To be honest flying inside is asking for trouble, for a start you need good light and a surface to fly over with some pattern - it can't use GPS at all reliably.
There is a great deal of wind generated which can send things flying and one false move could wreck the drone and damage the house.

Very good, I will listen to everyone's advice about not flying indoors. I finally received a i pad mount and cable a few days ago. It will make flying outside a lot easier since my I phone 6s plus isn't showing the icons well enough for me. I'm still in awe about trusting a video screen and instruments to use as eyes for the drone.

I don't fly indoors and when I am in the back yard my 3 year old Boxer looks at my M2P like it was a very expensive flying chew toy
She will chase that drone around the yard and jump up to try and catch it, great exercise for the dog but God forbid if she ever gets a hold of it

Sometimes I fly in the house using only the Iphone for practice. figure eights and arcs etc..in the center of the room only. you would have to be careful with dogs that like to play catch. My dogs are past that and I take it along most of the time on walks so they're used to seeing it buzz around.
The Spark has always been well mannered in the house in decent light. but I've scared my self a couple of time in gesture mode when it decided it just didn't want to land. My complete lack of understanding the proper gestures could have had something to do with that:rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507