Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Done with DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavicfurrr

Reactions
Hi,

About 2 months ago a new Mavic 2 pro was bought from a official dealer sealed in box that came full of scratches and a gimbal that looked used and got exchanged for a so called new Mavic 2 pro which also came in a sealed box and also came with a scratched up camera and body. So paid for new never got new.

Well, today I bought a new Mavic 2 pro to keep in my car as a 2nd drone/camera which is always near me. Bought from a different official dealer. New and in a sealed box..
Guess what..
Again scratched, a gimbal/camera that looks used/refurbished and scratches all over the body and a small crack in the lower infrared window.

So to warn all you potential buyers, in Europe, its a huge gamble when buying the Mavic 2 pro’s. Until now all 3 Mavic 2 pro’s i bought looked used and/or are refurbished models that are being sold as new!

This is the 3rd Mavic 2 pro that I unpacked from a sealed box which is not new and have refurbished camera’s. DJI ofcourse wont admit, but everyone with a little bit of eye for detail will spot that th gimbal/camera assembly is worked on and is used.

What is going on with DJI?? Did theycompletely lost every respect for the customer?
Im done with this brand now!
Sending this unit back and getting my money back.

And i am suspecting some fanboys coming in to attack this post, but imo this information is important for any potential buyer.

Kind regards.

7B989001-9FDF-4B33-818E-36C1AE71A80E.jpegAE43B283-8DA8-4E60-91B4-845304728589.jpeg9915FEAF-C92F-4284-955A-DD24FE5D30E7.jpeg9694AFFB-AD8B-4DD7-9C36-C89245859C6D.jpeg833688C1-B74D-4B8B-869E-4E400C775C4C.jpeg5011547B-26B8-4221-98E1-91D6D1A06FD1.jpeg

Last edited:
Judging from the pics of your gimbal cover the drone underwent a lot of vibration somewhere during shipping!

Reactions: Mavicfurrr
Is the ser# a refurb one?

Hi!

Serial number looks to be new and should not be a refurb. Checked it via DJI SERIAL DECODER

My theory, and its just an assumption, but not a blind one, is that DJI stopped making the Mavic 2 pro’s and are selling the last stock which have the some refurb parts in it and the price drop has something to do with it, but again, I am just assuming.

Fact is that its a gamble at the moment and you just dont know if one will receive a genuine new model.
And yesterday the dealer i bought the Mavic 2 from told me he is getting a lot of sort like complaints from customers and has a peak in customers demanding refunds for exact same reasons.

Figure after the first one you would just buy direct from DJI.

Usually in the manufacturing industry with referbs, only internal parts are fixed. Plastic body parts are usually replaced.

As was otherwise mentioned, the camera scratch could be from the gimbal cover/lock during shipping. That's been an issue from the beginning, though not as bad as in your photo. If it is in this case from rough shipping, that might explain the other damage.

maybe best to buy straight from DJI !
I second this. If you purchase from "Authorized Dealers" you better know the dealer because DJI only has so much control over them and there are a lot of shady folks willing to test that control to make some cash. Opening and closing a box and then shrink wrapping all in an effort to tamper with the contents is not too difficult on stuff like this. Just takes time.

Could be shipping damage, could be a refurbish sold as new. Lots of good advice in this thread but sounds like you didn't get what you wanted from your "Authorized Dealers" and sending them back was the best decision. I can say I did buy mine within the last year from an Authorized Amazon seller and it was pristine.

I guess you could still keep the units since what you are looking at is purely cosmetic. Or you could go to the DJI refurbish store and just knowingly buy a refurbish. Its all under warranty and covered by refresh so I guess it just depends on how much you want the drone.

Last edited:
Well, im for sure it is not the dealer, 100% sureThey are reputable big chain companies and I trust them way more than DJI. The Netherlands is a small country and reputation is quickly lost.

1st Mavic 2 pro came from kamera Express, a reputable chain.

The 2nd damaged Mavic 2 came from DJI itself.

3rd came from Coolblue, again a reputable company, every Dutchy on here would agree about their customer care track record

Its not isolated anymore, even on the DJI forum there a multiple topics with exactly the same issues.
And when all 3 Mavic’s, all received in the last 2,5 months have exactly the same issues, we can be sure that there is something very wrong.

And again, this is not an isolated problem.
No company is 100% perfect, and I do not expect one to be. But at the moment there is something wrong at DJI, and potential buyers should know.

And for me, agreed, esthetics are important but is not the reason. A new product, when paid for a price that belongs to a new product one should expect new and nothing less. A new product should be in pristine condition. Tool or no tool.
And i think this is the biggest problem in consumer behavior these days. We accept these kind of mishaps and some companies understand this and keep getting away with situations like this.

Last edited:
Well, im for sure it is not the dealer, 100% sureThey are reputable big chain companies and I trust them way more than DJI. The Netherlands is a small country and reputation is quickly lost.

1st Mavic 2 pro came from kamera Express, a reputable chain.

The 2nd damaged Mavic 2 came from DJI itself.

3rd came from Coolblue, again a reputable company, every Dutchy on here would agree about their customer care track record

Its not isolated anymore, even on the DJI forum there a multiple topics with exactly the same issues.
And when all 3 Mavic’s, all received in the last 2,5 months have exactly the same issues, we can be sure that there is something very wrong.

And again, this is not an isolated problem.
No company is 100% perfect, and I do not expect one to be. But at the moment there is something wrong at DJI, and potential buyers should know.
Go with Amazon

Usually in the manufacturing industry with referbs, only internal parts are fixed. Plastic body parts are usually replaced.

As was otherwise mentioned, the camera scratch could be from the gimbal cover/lock during shipping. That's been an issue from the beginning, though not as bad as in your photo. If it is in this case from rough shipping, that might explain the other damage.

3 Mavic’s in a row, from 3 different companies?
That would be hard to believe, or they all shared the same container which maby had a rough ride to Europe.. I cant exclude that but would be to much of a coincidence.

Reactions: Galeforce1
Hi,

About 2 months ago a new Mavic 2 pro was bought from a official dealer sealed in box that came full of scratches and a gimbal that looked used and got exchanged for a so called new Mavic 2 pro which also came in a sealed box and also came with a scratched up camera and body. So paid for new never got new.

Well, today I bought a new Mavic 2 pro to keep in my car as a 2nd drone/camera which is always near me. Bought from a different official dealer. New and in a sealed box..
Guess what..
Again scratched, a gimbal/camera that looks used/refurbished and scratches all over the body and a small crack in the lower infrared window.

So to warn all you potential buyers, in Europe, its a huge gamble when buying the Mavic 2 pro’s. Until now all 3 Mavic 2 pro’s i bought looked used and/or are refurbished models that are being sold as new!

This is the 3rd Mavic 2 pro that I unpacked from a sealed box which is not new and have refurbished camera’s. DJI ofcourse wont admit, but everyone with a little bit of eye for detail will spot that th gimbal/camera assembly is worked on and is used.

What is going on with DJI?? Did theycompletely lost every respect for the customer?
Im done with this brand now!
Sending this unit back and getting my money back.

And i am suspecting some fanboys coming in to attack this post, but imo this information is important for any potential buyer.

Kind regards.

View attachment 97714View attachment 97715View attachment 97716View attachment 97717View attachment 97718View attachment 97719
With your incredibly bad luck it may not matter what brand of drone or vendor you use.

For now you see to be an anomaly. Sorry you have had this experience. Hopefully it does not become more wide spread.

Reactions: Thomas B
For now you see to be an anomaly. Sorry you have had this experience. Hopefully it does not become more wide spread.

Well, there are multiple topics on sort like issues on the DJI forum.

The last dealer is sending me a new one, and the plan is to record an unboxing and people can see for them self.
I hope this one is the one, without damage, or else its going back too.

Reactions: KB9Radio
Reactions: Galeforce1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu