DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

~ Don't BUY the Mavic Pro Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Fly More Kit, was supposed to have all the batteries and charging mechanisms... Got the batteries but no charging mechanism..
sounds like you got an used one.

I order my drone and kit from DJI web site.

sounds like you got an used one.

I order my drone and kit from DJI web site.

I order a lot of stuff from Amazon over the years, including electronic..no issues. Amazon do honor return policy. they have an outstanding return policy. They will usually ship you another one, as soon as they know you have an issue with something that you have order from them, before you shipped the old one back. just call or get in touch with them. I think they also do priority shipping, on the replacement. they will also pay for the return.

Ordered from Amazon,
1st - It arrived with items missing such as the ability to charge the batteries, imagine that..... You would think that little item would be useful wouldn't you?
2nd - Its not as easy as the tutorials would have you believe to use....
3rd - Right out of the box it has a "Gimbal Motor Overload Error" message, another example of the quality... And no, I didn't leave Gimbal Motor Clamp on it.. After all the tutorials I learned I wasted my money in purchasing something I can't use. Expensive lessons I guess, so I am sharing this so others won't have to go through the same expensive lesson I did. If you need to measure stockpiles etc just hire someone to do it with their drone, let them deal with the problems of owning one.

Last edited:
Ordered from Amazon,
1st - It arrived with items missing such as the ability to charge the batteries, imagine that..... You would think that little item would be useful wouldn't you?
3rd - Right out of the box it has a "Gimbal Motor Overload Error" message, another example of the quality... And no, I didn't leave Gimbal Motor Clamp on it.. After all the tutorials I learned I wasted my money in purchasing something I can't use. Expensive lessons I guess, so I am sharing this so others won't have to go through the same expensive lesson I did. If you need to measure stockpiles etc just hire someone to do it with their drone, let them deal with the problems of owning one.
i’ve had my mpp for two years and love it,she takes beautiful pics and video and handles like a dream it’s unfortunate you had a bad experience and sounds like you got a used one and not a new one.

Sorry for your unfortunate experience. My third drone is a Mavic Pro Platinum. Other quadcopter is a Phantom 3 Advance. I did find a confusing learning curve with the MPP, however after working through that the Drone flies great, climbs faster, handles as well or better. And I like the small size folded and portability. My interest is in Public
Safety missions. So I plan to buy one of the more reasonably priced Enterprise Drones. Was shocked to find them at $10,000 to $20,000. In 3 years of research, I find that local operational units struggle with budgets into which the hobbyist priced Drones at $1000 to about $3000 fit far better and will do the job. Extras like a thermal camera may run that cost up a bit. But $10,000 to $20,000 I believe will, unnecessarily, place them out of reach of most local operations. I do think there is a need for a larger Enterprise Drone like the Matrice or Inspire, with longer flight time, in the lower price range.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I'm pretty sure the flymore kit doesn't include a charger (maybe car charger?). It did come with an adapter so you can user your existing charger to recharge up to 4 batteries at a time and that is great!
My first Mavic 2 also had the gimbal error if you even looked at funny. I had to send it in to DJI. They sent me out another and fixed the other one.
Since you just got it you can send it back to Amazon. If you waited too long and you are outside of the return period, then you can easily send it back to DJI and they will repair it at no charge. IF these options don't sound good then I question whether you bought this new and if you really don't want to be bothered with it. It does take a lot of learning to have these work for you, but it's worth it. I struggled for the first week just to figure out how to turn it on. I didn't get from the info that you do a quick double hit on the power button. I Finally figured it out on a forum. But things like that, especially if you are not used to DJI products make you question, but once you get the knowledge, it's much better.

There will be problems that do get get through inspections but they have built a safety net just for this type of thing and you could easily take advantage of ti.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
If I bought a drone and parts were missing of it didn’t work right I would be in contact with the seller right away . I also bought a FM package and they do come with a freaking battery charger and the block that charges 4 . This story is smelling fishy

If I bought a drone and parts were missing of it didn’t work right I would be in contact with the seller right away . I also bought a FM package and they do come with a freaking battery charger and the block that charges 4 . This story is smelling fishy

The confusion may be partly that the Fly More Kit technically is in addition to the aircraft itself. The actual charger comes with the aircraft.

Buy Mavic 2 Fly More Kit - DJI Store

The Mavic 2 Fly More Kit includes two Intelligent Flight Batteries, a Mavic 2 Car Charger, a Battery Charging Hub, a Battery to Power Bank Adapter, Low-Noise Propellers, and a Mavic 2 Shoulder Bag.

I've cleaned up this thread (and issued some warnings) and I hope that we can at least treat NEW MEMBERS with more respect than I've seen in this thread. If anyone has any doubt on what is expected by ALL of us have a look here:

Community Guidelines

General Rules
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that people want to visit repeatedly. The MavicPilots Forum should be a virtual reflection of how we all hope the community of Mavic drone enthusiasts would act in the real world. Treat each other with respect just as you would if you were meeting in person for coffee before enjoying a day of flying together in shared airspace. This is a community of friends and partners who are collaborating to encourage and support a growing DJI Mavic community.

If you can't be respectful then don't post AT ALL!

Sincerely,
Allen

I've cleaned up this thread (and issued some warnings) and I hope that we can at least treat NEW MEMBERS with more respect than I've seen in this thread. If anyone has any doubt on what is expected by ALL of us have a look here:

Community Guidelines

General Rules
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that people want to visit repeatedly. The MavicPilots Forum should be a virtual reflection of how we all hope the community of Mavic drone enthusiasts would act in the real world. Treat each other with respect just as you would if you were meeting in person for coffee before enjoying a day of flying together in shared airspace. This is a community of friends and partners who are collaborating to encourage and support a growing DJI Mavic community.

If you can't be respectful then don't post AT ALL!

Sincerely,
Allen

7. Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or special characters designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed.

Doesn't the abbreviation POS fall into this category? We all know what it means and quite frankly is a rude comment...

7. Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or special characters designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed.

Doesn't the abbreviation POS fall into this category? We all know what it means and quite frankly is a rude comment...
A) It was already done (about 36min ago)
B) If you see something violating ANY of the rules set forth REPORT it and we will review and take action accordingly.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
A) It was already done (about 36min ago)
B) If you see something violating ANY of the rules set forth REPORT it and we will review and take action accordingly.

It was in the thread title as of a few minutes ago, but now it's gone

Edit: Ok, maybe it was more than just a few minutes. Not being pedantic, I just remember seeing it in the title, read through the pages and left my comment, so you could've edited it within that time, my bad!

Ordered from Amazon,
Wow, it's a shame you had to go through that issue with the Mavic Pro Platinum...just want to say I'm at the opposite side of the spectrum. I had nothing but great luck owning the Mavic Pro Platinum. It a great piece of machinery. It works flawless and takes great videos and pictures .

I own the Inspire 1 (original beast), a Phantom 4 and I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro. All out of the box amazing aircraft. 99% of us have had little or no issues so I am very sorry you experienced a problem. If there is anything we can collectively do to help you through your issuies please dont be afraid to ask!!

some times its better to start out with a parrot.. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580