DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't know if I would trust these ??

Seemingly turns your "props" to "pulp". I can't imagine the drone would fly well with pulp stuck on the motors. ? ?

On a more serious note, do you need to be able to remove the props, and do you want to register as a flyer and operator since the Mini will be over the 250g limit (am assuming you aren't already registered)?

pulp.JPG

apart from the fact that the material used may not be up to the job ,there is also the fact that the height of the props is going to alter the stresses put on the bearings, due to the increased distance between them ,personally i would not use an unknown product

apart from the fact that the material used may not be up to the job ,there is also the fact that the height of the props is going to alter the stresses put on the bearings, due to the increased distance between them ,personally i would not use an unknown product
Ohhh come now Sir Mavic, where would the world be without the Dreamers and Pioneers? But yeah, so many things just call common sense into play here....but in this day and age it seems that is now a uncommon virtue. ;)

I wouldn't, the entire lift load seems to be carried by a single screw that looks to be a self tapper screwing into plastic, that's just begging for chewed out threads.
Then there is the weight, then etc. etc. .......
I seem to remember them being discussed a while back but that might have been on the DJI forum.

No intentions of buying/trying them just interested to get some first hand accounts of them to see if anyone had actually encountered problems or if our concerns are unfounded. I have no problem with my mini being over 249g, It is already, just with the skin being fitted, ( not to mention the landing gear and strobe). It and myself are already registered so no problems there.

Reactions: scro
It looks to me like two screws per motor that are included. Assuming it's material is reliable, it shouldn't be much worse for flight stability than the motor covers that we've seen.

Reactions: drdikky
Ohhh come now Sir Mavic, where would the world be without the Dreamers and Pioneers? But yeah, so many things just call common sense into play here....but in this day and age it seems that is now a uncommon virtue. ;)
no problem with dreamers or pioneers good luck to them all ,just expressing an opinion ,to the question asked by the OP,if someone decides to try them out then thats their choice

In looking at these and mulling it over there are 4 things I see as being an issue. First being that its a plastic cover which has a greater potential of trapping heat than thin metal ones do. Second is, as stated above, you are changing the height of the propellers which could effect performance and or add strain to the motors/ mounts. Third is what problem is this really solving? You have to pop off the upper mount, then unscrew the center screw to release both props at once so a 2 step process each way( off then on again). Or unscrew 1 prop and screw in the replacement then repeat for the other prop so still a 2 step process each way. Where is the advantage? Lastly you now have at least 2 new points of failure( potentially 6 if I'm seeing things correctly in the 5th and 6th pictures) added on that are made of plastic.
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: NG Wildman
In looking at these and mulling it over there are 4 things I see as being an issue. First being that its a plastic cover which has a greater potential of trapping heat than thin metal ones do. Second is, as stated above, you are changing the height of the propellers which could effect performance and or add strain to the motors/ mounts. Third is what problem is this really solving? You have to pop off the upper mount, then unscrew the center screw to release both props at once so a 2 step process each way( off then on again). Or unscrew 1 prop and screw in the replacement then repeat for the other prop so still a 2 step process each way. Where is the advantage? Lastly you now have at least 2 new points of failure( potentially 6 if I'm seeing things correctly in the 5th and 6th pictures) added on that are made of plastic.
Just my 2 cents.
I agree with everything here. I would also add that this will no doubt add to the weight topping the 249g limit.

Brief thought; I am not sure I see added value.

The Mini Air is designed with solid props to get better fly time. I also agree you are altering the balance set up by DJI on the mini air, which I fly. I would not alter a design that DJI put allot or R&R designing. But it's your drone you fly as you wish. Just remember those brushless motors need to cool and that setup looks like it empepedes motor cooling, I blow mine out with compressed air all the time, well hope it works for you.

The Mini Air is designed with solid props to get better fly time. I also agree you are altering the balance set up by DJI on the mini air, which I fly. I would not alter a design that DJI put allot or R&R designing. But it's your drone you fly as you wish. Just remember those brushless motors need to cool and that setup looks like it empepedes motor cooling, I blow mine out with compressed air all the time, well hope it works for you.
I never said I wanted to fit them to my mini ??
Many people use motor covers with no issues whatsoever. If you read my post I asked for peoples experiences of actually using these items. If I intended using anything on my mini I certainly wouldn't be asking for permission from anyone I would do as I wished.

I never said I wanted to fit them to my mini ??
Many people use motor covers with no issues whatsoever. If you read my post I asked for peoples experiences of actually using these items. If I intended using anything on my mini I certainly wouldn't be asking for permission from anyone I would do as I wished.
I am sorry I misread your post, I guess I should have kept my thoughts to myself. I am sorry if I offended you in any way. Good flying to you Eric.

I would not. A video is worth a thousand words...

D
A video is worth a thousand words only if the video is relevant to the post ??
My original post is not asking about aftermarket props or anything to do with a phantom 4 either
My original post is about quick release bases for a Mavic Mini props and the post is in the Mavic Mini discussions section so I do not see any relevance in your reply

A video is worth a thousand words only if the video is relevant to the post ??
My original post is not asking about aftermarket props or anything to do with a phantom 4 either
My original post is about quick release bases for a Mavic Mini props and the post is in the Mavic Mini discussions section so I do not see any relevance in your reply
My thoughts exactly. When the P4 battery weighs more than an entire MM its not a fair comparison even if you were actually asking about aftermarket props, which you're not. But I also get what he's saying in that you have to be very careful about anything aftermarket. Which is why you posed the original question to get our input. I've researched chargers found on Google and Amazon here specifically to see what real flyers have to say instead of bots generating fake 5 star reviews in marketplaces.

Reactions: drdikky
My thoughts exactly. When the P4 battery weighs more than an entire MM its not a fair comparison even if you were actually asking about aftermarket props, which you're not. But I also get what he's saying in that you have to be very careful about anything aftermarket. Which is why you posed the original question to get our input. I've researched chargers found on Google and Amazon here specifically to see what real flyers have to say instead of bots generating fake 5 star reviews in marketplaces.
I am a member of a number of forums from Motorbikes to Drones and I am regularly answered by people who have either not actually read my question or feel the need to answer it with whatever they want to tell people. It is not only this forum virtually every one I take part in. As you said I too want to hear what people who have actually used some of these things have to say. If's, But's and Maybe's are not of much use to me. Real experiences are what I am seeking.
Having been involved in manufacturing for over 40 years I am only too aware that many manufacturing facilities make items that are exactly the same spec, made on the same production lines, same material, same quality control, but are branded differently. That is why I tire of "Aftermarket" items getting an instant "Rubbish" tag associated with them.

China is touted as being responsible for poor quality aftermarket items but where are DJI drone parts made ?
"Established to produce DJI's innovative products safely and responsibly, our wholly owned subsidiary Shenzhen Dajiang Baiwang Technology Co., Ltd. is a high-tech manufacturing facility specializing in unmanned aerial vehicles"
Litchi and Dronelink are aftermarket but fill the gaps left by DJI in the DJIFLY App. Many people use these successfully .
There have been countless reported instances of DJI kit giving up the ghost and leading to crashes so OEM products are not infallible either.

Just came across these and don't think I would be comfortable to use them on my mini. Has anybody tried them or what are peoples thoughts ?

Quick-Release Paddle Base for DJI Mavic Mini Motor Covers Scratch Proof Propellers Engine Protective Cover | Wish
I think that only very few, if any, people on this forum have ventured to try these (or similar), so most responses (mine included) were on the second half of the query in post #1. Admittedly, some responses have been more relevant than others.

The difficulty with forums is everything has to be written, and a lot of the subtle meaning conveyed in spoken communication is lost when the same words are written. How many times have you completely misread an email, or had an email be completely misread and had to revert to a phone call or face-to-face discussion to resolve the misunderstanding?

Reactions: joeMM
I think that only very few, if any, people on this forum have ventured to try these (or similar), so most responses (mine included) were on the second half of the query in post #1. Admittedly, some responses have been more relevant than others.

The difficulty with forums is everything has to be written, and a lot of the subtle meaning conveyed in spoken communication is lost when the same words are written. How many times have you completely misread an email, or had an email be completely misread and had to revert to a phone call or face-to-face discussion to resolve the misunderstanding?
I have no problem with peoples responses to my question as long as there is some relevance but when peoples responses are with regard to something totally irrelevant to my original post e.g. Phantom 4 propeller issues, Mavic Mini Air (which as far as I know doesn't exist but the poster owns/flys one) then I despair. I know everything is written but I do my best if something is asked about apples to not make my reply about bananas

Reactions: scro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet