DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't know what happened

bmwbob

Reactions
I just disconnected and never came home. Someone want to take look and give an idea what happened? I have care refresh, but hate paying if it's not my fault! I attach text file and for some reason it's not showing!

Last edited:
I just disconnected and never came home.
Drones that lose signal come home (if the home point was recorded properly and the failsafe action is set to RTH).
Drones that lose power show disconnected on the screen and they stop flying and can't come home.

Reactions: Matrix64
I just disconnected and never came home. Someone want to take look and give an idea what happened? I have care refresh, but hate paying if it's not my fault!

Follow instructions here to assist in finding the problem.

Good luck.

I went to air data and view flight and uploaded txt file here, but isn't showing!

I just disconnected and never came home. Someone want to take look and give an idea what happened? I have care refresh, but hate paying if it's not my fault! I attach text file and for some reason it's not showing!
The recorded flight data ends after 5:35 with plenty of battery and the drone well above terrain.
It was 756 ft out from the launch point and flying south at 35 mph.
Failsafe action was set to RTH.
When the data ends the drone is in stable flight, with full signal and no indication of any collision.
With no evidence of anything abnormal, a loss of power is the most likely cause of the incident.

The last location data was at 36.82769 -121.20375.
Given the drone's speed and direction at the time, a search should be from that point heading south to an estimated impact point approximately 350 feet further south.

i-Jxhx4q6-XL.jpg

Reactions: Drone Views Media
The recorded flight data ends after 5:35 with plenty of battery and the drone well above terrain.
It was 756 ft out from the launch point and flying south at 35 mph.
Failsafe action was set to RTH.
When the data ends the drone is in stable flight, with full signal and no indication of any collision.
With no evidence of anything abnormal, a loss of power is the most likely cause of the incident.

The last location data was at 36.82769 -121.20375.
Given the drone's speed and direction at the time, a search should be from that point heading south to an estimated impact point approximately 350 feet further south.

i-Jxhx4q6-XL.jpg
It just disconnected on private property :(

Looks like pretty easy terrain to find it on.

If it's posted as private property, ask the owner if you can jump the fence to retrieve it. If it's not posted, go for it.

Reactions: MA2 317
Hope you find it. I enjoy your videos. Maybe it has something to do with that range of hills. It's called the
Diablo Range. Kidding about that but do you think a possible bird strike? Thats buzzard territory, isn't it?

Hope you find it. I enjoy your videos. Maybe it has something to do with that range of hills. It's called the
Diablo Range. Kidding about that but do you think a possible bird strike? Thats buzzard territory, isn't it?

I'll take a ride out there shortly and jump the fence. I have fly away coverage from DJI and bought a replacement at reduced price. If I can find the other I'll see about getting warranty coverage.

I took the motorcycle back out to the location I lost the drone and luckily ran into one of the land owners and explained what happen. They said jumping the fence could get you shot :( but were nice enough to have one of their employees look for it, but no luck :( so DJI fly away replacement is on the way at a reduced price. It will stay a mystery why it lost power!

Reactions: Xitor and Meta4
Do you mean the OP's drone?
The app that gives you the GPS location of your drone, where you are and all you have to do is walk towards it's location to find it. If you still have battery, when you get near it, it starts beeping. You should look it up if you are unaware. I've had to use it a few times.

The app that gives you the GPS location of your drone, where you are and all you have to do is walk towards it's location to find it. If you still have battery, when you get near it, it starts beeping. You should look it up if you are unaware. I've had to use it a few times.
That's only going to show the last recorded location of the drone. It sounds like the OP is saying he already scouted out that location in post #14 above.

That's only going to show the last recorded location of the drone. It sounds like the OP is saying he already scouted out that location in post #14 above.

The drone was flying at approximately 30 miles an hour when it lost power so it traveled farther without GPS contact, but more importantly I wasn't allowed on their property ;) But they were kind enough to look for me, but not all day. It was down on a rocky hillside with gray colored rocks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803