DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't Shoot At Drones...

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Being originally from Tennessee, I know folks in the Eastern part of the state don't like anyone encroaching on their privacy (probably goes back to people not liking Feds searching for their moonshine stills). Plus most everyone owns a rifle and are usually pretty good marksmen.

Reactions: Beamie
If some moron shoots my drone, he'll get to pay to replace it from his jail cell.
If my flight near or above your property is indeed illegal, contact the authorities to respond and deal with me.
Discharging a firearm under duress should be a last last LAST act of desperation in the defense of life - not a knee-jerk reaction of some 'deliverance' billy-bob.

Reactions: Beamie and WDKZoom
Thanks for sharing. The author of the article needs some additional education themselves. "uncrewed aerial vehicle" LOL

Ok so let me throw this one at you.

Flying in a public venue as opposed to around private property

Somebody goes out of their way and comes up to you and verbally states

"I knew I should have brought a gun"

and

"I should have known there would be a moving target [a drone]"

Sounds like he is watching too much of the main stream media's hypocrisy or general negative opinion of drone usage that seems like the MSM is trying to engage the ignorant public in the commission of committing a crime

I believe this person would be threatening to do something possibly in the future

And they could/would be out of line to do that in a public venue

If he were to act upon what he just said

He would be in violation of several gun laws

and

Get the scrutiny of the FAA for shooting down an aircraft

So the question is

Is this a credible threat even though there was no action taken?

IIdiots like this eventually will tire the FAA to act.

Responsible Pilots are the ones that are going to be paying the price with more regulations. Just my two cents

We're already anticipating the RID for the public to be able to access as a bad idea, but would a notice of drone operation be enough to cause somebody like this to make sure they go back to their car and get a gun handy? While the notice might have good intentions, it might have some unattended consequences. He would be shooting at an unarmed drone and have a hard time calling that justifiable homicide. Which is another contention, my city was trying to enact an ordinance with both peepy tom and weaponized drone under the same legislation. Ah, those are two different situations. Most cities have peepy tom ordinances that don't need a separate new legislation for that. And weaponized drone is another matter.

Turns out the icing on the cake was that he wasn't watching where he was going to come over and tell me what a danger I might be.

Last edited:
VAXXED Delta Pilot DIES IN-FLIGHT, Emergency Landing Required
https://rumble.com/vnlwi9-sources-vaxxed...uired.html

I guess while I'm watching out for other flying objects, objects falling out of the sky will be the next one. Keep my ADS-B on so it can tell me when airliners are coming down way too fast. Wouldn't want to be in the way of a manned craft even if the pilot is no longer flying it while I'm just out flying the drone around.

VAXXED Delta Pilot DIES IN-FLIGHT, Emergency Landing Required
https://rumble.com/vnlwi9-sources-vaxxed...uired.html

I guess while I'm watching out for other flying objects, objects falling out of the sky will be the next one. Keep my ADS-B on so it can tell me when airliners are coming down way too fast. Wouldn't want to be in the way of a manned craft even if the pilot is no longer flying it while I'm just out flying the drone around.

That report of the pilot death is every bit as factual as the Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Reactions: Tufargon
That report of the pilot death is every bit as factual as the Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Well you know how it is.

The airline declared an emergency at 30000 feet and rapidly dropped in altitude.

Just about 300 feet before the airline crashed into the ground, it came in contact with a drone.

They'd blame the drone guy for bringing the airliner down.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998