DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Down sizing and up grading!

Should one check the screws securing the props regularly? Are they locking screws?
YES, I found a partially unscrewed one. and Yes they have a blob of blue Locktite on them.
DO NOT use a 6ft spanner to tighten them, I just 'nip' them up, the screw threads are tiny. My concern is that with them being so small over tightening them could damaged the female threads in the motor, then you a 'screwed' bad pun I know bit couldn't resist it.
Given the colour on the tip the blades are likely to be Mini 2 blades, if that is correct DO NOT be tempted to use Mavic Mini blades (grey coloured bands). Mavic Mini blades are incompatible, their screws' threads are different and the pivot hub dimensions differ, besides which Mavic Mini blades are inferior to Mini 2 blades.

Last edited by a moderator:
@cheddar-man just something to be aware of sometimes the Firmware upgrades include the battery as well ,if this is the case and you have more than one battery ,then you will get a prompt to update the next battery when you switch the drone on ,also be aware that often updates will alter the flight settings in the App when you first go to fly the drone just check that they are what you want
check the screw tightness as part of your pre flight schedule and only use the driver supplied as @PhiliusFoggg said ,

Many thanks OMM for all your good advice. I'll keep an eye out for that when I change batteries.
Just finished charging the other two batteries in the multi charger, works well but I notice that the LEDs stay on when fully charged, unlike the P3A which turn off when charged.

Should there be a little strap of some sort to hold the propellers safe when putting it in the case? Thought I saw one in a video the other day.

i believe that the latest cases use a modified design, under where the drone fits so that the weight of the drone is not pressing on the props
DJI make a cover that fits over the bottom props and goes around the drone to secure the props i use one in my hard case
the biggest bugbear with the original case is having to keep removing the sticks when it is in the case ,although many people just leave them on ,its could put undue pressure on the gimbals if to much weight is placed on top of the case during transport
have a great first flight ,and enjoy your new drone

The care plan is well worth it. My 2s shut off the third day and fell from 20 feet. Yeah, it busted. Sent it in and had a replacement in hand within a week. It sure calms the nerves learning to fly and venturing further away. One should do regular maintenance as well as pre flight checks before each flight and get in that habit.

The care plan is well worth it. My 2s shut off the third day and fell from 20 feet. Yeah, it busted. Sent it in and had a replacement in hand within a week. It sure calms the nerves learning to fly and venturing further away. One should do regular maintenance as well as pre flight checks before each flight and get in that habit.
What was the cause of the "Fall from grace"? Did you check the flight log (I presume it records one)?

Another thing I particularly liked and used on my old P3A was the POI in the DJI GO and Litchi app. Does DJI Fly have that, I can't see it yet.
Ah, I think I've found it under the "Fly Spots" tab? Must find a detailed description of this now!
Thoroughly enjoying learning these very different flying modes😁

Last edited:
I've entered "Fly Spots" and get this screen. I presume the little circle is what used to be POI but can't find any detailed info as to how to use this function. Tapping the circle just zooms in a bit on the map but that's it??
IMG_9471.PNG

@cheddar-man have you downloaded the manual for the drone,page 16 explains the auto flight modes these are very limited in the Mini ,

dont think that POI is possible with the fly App ,myself i dont use any of the auto flight modes
i prefer to fly manually ,i think Litchi can be used with the SE it has recently been added for the Mini2 someone with Litchi knowledge will advise you better ,or you could go on their site and see if the Mini SE is supported

👍👍
As I said in post #14 I have done an update. However I presume I also have to update the other two Flight Batteries.
Is this the same procedure, put one in the drone, fire it all up and the App should recognise that it need an update?
And then report for the third battery?

Last edited:
…it is a lot more power hungry with regards to processor use than the old GO 4 App so make sure you only have Apps needed for flying enabled, if you use a device thats just for your drone flying
Thanks for mentioning the power consumption of DJI Fly compared to Go4. This is the first time I have read this. Doesn’t the battery in the controller charge the phone when connected?

Litchi I believe has just come out of Beta for Android devices but is not yet available for iOS. If you are looking at iPad Minis, You would be better off with a Mini 5 rather than a 4. As OMM says, the app is a power hungry resource hog. You might get away with the Mini 4 with the SE perhaps as it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like obstacle avoidance and active track like in the Mavic Air 2 and up. A couple friends just picked up the Mini SE and are thoroughly enjoying them. Just read the manual through as OMM says because there are some differences from your P3. Good luck and enjoy your new aircraft!

Reactions: old man mavic
👍👍
As I said in post #14 I have done an update. However I presume I also have to update the other two Flight Batteries.
Is this the same procedure, put one in the drone, fire it all up and the App should recognise that it need an update?
And then report for the third battery?
sorry for not replying sooner i have actually been out flying today but yes do each battery in turn ,but be aware not every update has the battery as part of the update,

@JoelP the power consumption i mentioned is not so much to do with the battery ,i was referring to the amount of resources that the processor uses when the fly App is running

Just took the drone out of the case and the gimbal cover was lying in the bottom, the two little table that engage in the drone casing were broken? Must admit I found it quite difficult to put on 😩

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini