DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Download your own videos from youtube in 4k

Tufargon

Reactions
Ok apparently Youtube has changed some things and now you can't download your own videos to your pc in 4k anymore. 720P is the highest resolution they will allow even when it's yours. I found this way of getting them quite simple. I posted this in another thread but thought I'd give it it's own thread for people to see. Hope this might help someone out.

All you need to do is go to this website Convert2MP3 Online Video Downloader & MP3 Converter (there is a firefox extension for it too that will give you a download button under the video you are viewing on Youtube and when you hit that it will just take you to the link I posted) and paste the url of the video you want to download from Youtube and hit the little search icon at the end of where you entered the url. A new page will open and give you 3 options above the downloads a tad bit to the left. Choose WEBM and choose the top 2160 download button. Then It will download it as a webm extension but all you have to do to convert it back to mp4 is to replace/rename the webm extension at the end of the file name with mp4 instead. No need for any converting software.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. I use Vimeo for all my stuff and iMovie
to make my videos. Before I upload them I save them to a external hard drive. Would that not be another alternative.
Save them before you upload them wherever. Just asking 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for posting that. I use Vimeo for all my stuff and iMovie
to make my videos. Before I upload them I save them to a external hard drive. Would that not be another alternative.
Save them before you upload them wherever. Just asking 🤷‍♂️
That's the absolute best way to avoid it all in the first place for sure.

Reactions: dirkclod
That's the absolute best way for sure to avoid it all in the first place.
Thought so but to late I expect for many. Thanks for your post 👍👍👍👍👍

Reactions: Tufargon
Hard drives do fail too.
Very welcome. :)
Why I keep 2 😉
image.jpg Have 1 partitioned for my time machine
and other to store my videos. Other just videos and pictures.
Learned the hard way 😫

so how to upload a 4k video to youtube without losing quality? The network connection where I live is stable but when I upload my video it automatically reduces the quality from 4k to 720p. Why is that?

so how to upload a 4k video to youtube without losing quality? The network connection where I live is stable but when I upload my video it automatically reduces the quality from 4k to 720p. Why is that?
Myself can’t tell you. Don’t use YouTube

That's usually a temporary thing till Youtube does their crap. If you're uploading 4k check it a while after you're able to view it in a lower res and it should show more options to view it with a higher res. It could take a few minutes to an hour or so later even after you've uploaded it.

That's usually a temporary thing till Youtube does their crap. If you're uploading 4k check it a while after you're able to view cookie clicker it in a lower res and it should show more options to view it with a higher res. It could take a few minutes to an hour or so later even after you've uploaded it.
I also tried as you say but it still appeared 720p is the highest quality

Last edited:
I also tried as you say but it still appeared 720p is the highest quality
Are you sure you uploaded at 4K? Quite often it happens like I mentioned for me. Will only show 360 for a while then the other options show up later. Have you tried Vimeo? Also if you don't wait long enough after it says it's uploaded till the HD version is uploaded it might not let it go through.

Are you sure you uploaded at 4K? Quite often it happens like I mentioned for me. Will only show 360 for a while then the other options show up later. Have you tried Vimeo?
yes. I'm sure. I have tried both 4k and 1080p, both didn't work. My boss asked me to post videos on youtube

yes. I'm sure. I have tried both 4k and 1080p, both didn't work. My boss asked me to post videos on youtube
Well hope you have a part 107 if your doing for work.
If not that’s on you. All I use is Vimeo and get my 4k.
You tube has always got me with my music.

Well hope you have a part 107 if your doing for work.
If not that’s on you. All I use is Vimeo and get my 4k.
You tube has always got me with my music.
well, it's just some things to support my work better, because youtube have a huge users. I also love it like a place to chill but not working

well, it's just some things to support my work better, because youtube have a huge users. I also love it like a place to chill but not working
Might want to create a new thread on your issue since it's not quite on topic here.

True you need to start your own thread but you said your boss
wanted you to do it on YouTube so unless mistaken you will have to have your part 107. Anyways start a thread on it and sure you will get some advice 👍

Reactions: Tufargon
ok thanks guys. I simply think it's related to youtube like this topic. I don't think it will take so many answers. Sorry to bother

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan