DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

downloading maps for off line use

maxv77

Reactions
Mavic Air with android phone/tablet

Hi all

I have a question on downloading maps to use in the field when off line.

I have seen a few YouTube videos with people showing how this is done.

Ie: download maps at home to use later off line.

All the videos I have seen show people picking and downloading the whole of the UK (or the country they are from) see attach pic from youtube

But when I tired to download a map for the UK.

I'm not given the option as shown in all the videos to pick the country I am in to download.

I am only shown a small box of the area I'm in. So I then have to pick around 4 areas using this box to cover a tiny part of the UK.
see attach pic from my phone.

Is this a new update from DJI and the videos are all now out of date.

Or am I missing something here ?

Cheers

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2637.JPG
    IMG_2637.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 37
How do maps help? When I fly my mavic I just use the rth feature and watch it on the radar in relation to my launch pad.

I was able to download the offline map for the state of Washington. All other US states were also listed. I do not know how it works for the UK or if this option has changed in newer versions of Go 4. The advantage of having a smaller map is the smaller file size it occupies on your device; but in your case it seems ridiculously small.
How do maps help? When I fly my mavic I just use the rth feature and watch it on the radar in relation to my launch pad.
When the homepoint is set you are supposed to check it on the map to insure that it is accurate. It is also handy to view the map to show exactly where your Mavic is in relation to where you are. It could be of great help finding it in the event of an unplanned landing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout