DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

downloading photos

If you are referring to downloading to you phone or tablet, just switch off RC and your phone /tablet will connect to the drone quick transfer and just follow instructions, cheers Len

Open DJI Fly app - Switch on drone (Not Controller) Wait until prompted to connect to drone - It creates a Wi-Fi link between your drone and phone via the Fly App - When connected (You will be advised when) View photos/Video and download at will - Enjoy - No need to remove SD Card

I just turn on the drone without turning on the controller. Then I connect the drone to my computer via a USB-C cable. This creates two folders on my computer, one for the internal storage for the drone and the other for the SD card storage. In the SD card folder is a subfolder that contains all of the image files, which I copy to my computer. It's very fast doing this and doesn't require fiddling around with the SD card which DJI chose to seat too far into the drone body.

Open DJI Fly app - Switch on drone (Not Controller) Wait until prompted to connect to drone - It creates a Wi-Fi link between your drone and phone via the Fly App - When connected (You will be advised when) View photos/Video and download at will - Enjoy - No need to remove SD Card
No need to remove the Micro SD card unless you want to down load to your computer. If you want your photos on your computer, then you will need to remove the micro SD card and stick into your computer, if you have a loading port, or you buy a card reader and plug the micro SD card into that and plug the card reader into your computer. I believe this method is faster for transferring images and video, than doing it with your drone powered on and connected to your computer. Plus, less fiddly and you don't have to keep using your drone battery for non-flying use.

No need to remove the Micro SD card unless you want to down load to your computer. If you want your photos on your computer, then you will need to remove the micro SD card and stick into your computer, if you have a loading port, or you buy a card reader and plug the micro SD card into that and plug the card reader into your computer. I believe this method is faster for transferring images and video, than doing it with your drone powered on and connected to your computer. Plus, less fiddly and you don't have to keep using your drone battery for non-flying use.
I go straight from drone to computer, but If I re-format, I sometimes have to first put the SD card in again to be recognized , after that cable to computer. With a 128Gb mini SD card it lasts a long time.

I go straight from drone to computer, but If I re-format, I sometimes have to first put the SD card in again to be recognized , after that cable to computer. With a 128Gb mini SD card it lasts a long time.
Sure, you can do it that way but each time you do, you are wasting valuable battery time that should be devoted to just flying and not wasting the total charge cycles it will have to just using it for downloading your image files and videos. One day that battery will be depleted and if you spent so much time from its total life, being used to download files rather than actual flying time, then you have wasted part of the life of that expensive battery on something that you did not need to do.

Reactions: Meta4
Just take the SD card out and plug it into your computer, job done. As for "wasting battery life by downloading.............

Using the official app is too slow. Inner wi-fi network does not provide the required capacity. Put SD card in your mobile device - it is the best choice to send or edit photos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147