DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downtown. Los Angeles.

It sure looks peaceful a couple hundred feet up, nice picture.

As I understand it, in many countries it is illegal to fly at night. But why not! The drones are no more dangerous than the day, they are easier to see and one can capture great photos! )

Reactions: haysaqo
you can fly 30 minutes before daylight and 30 after daylight.

with some type of lighting that are visible up to 2 nautical miles.

Could be from a stationary drone hot flying but from a building.

true.

What's the law-makers rationale for allowing drone flying 30 minutes after daylight and not 5 hours after daylight?

i really do not know. I do know if you are part of a rescue operation or involved with law enforcement, then the rules are not there.

This is from the pilot handbook from the FAA:

Introduction Pilots rely more on vision than on any other sense to orient themselves in flight. The following visual factors contribute to flying performance: good depth perception for safe landings, good visual acuity to identify terrain features and obstacles in the flightpath, and good color vision. Although vision is the most accurate and reliable sense, visual cues can be misleading, contributing to incidents occurring within the flight environment. Pilots must be aware of and know how to compensate effectively for the following: • Physical deficiency or self-imposed stress, such as smoking, which limits night-vision capability • Visual cue deficiencies • Limitations in visual acuity, dark adaptation, and color and depth perception For example, at night, the unaided eye has degraded visual acuity. For more information on night operations reference Chapter 16, pages 16-20 of the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge.

I am only guessing: But maybe it is because the small UAS does not have any on-board instruments to help the pilot when flying in the dark.

Nice shot! I was just there earlier this week. Where did you launch from for this shot? It’s a nice perspective of the cool buildings, especially at night.

Attachments

• D31BCF1A-794F-4509-A780-D213A4B75220.jpeg
    D31BCF1A-794F-4509-A780-D213A4B75220.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • BFABC706-412C-442A-B9C8-AF2DDC5282FA.jpeg
    BFABC706-412C-442A-B9C8-AF2DDC5282FA.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 39

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads