DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No flying today in LA - TFR active

DougMcC

Part 107, SEL Instrument 101st ABN
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Pretty much the entire L.A. area is shutdown FOR UAS flying by a huge VIP TFR. The president is visiting in West Los Angeles/Beverly Hills area. This started yesterday and continues. This would have been beautiful day after a storm opportunity. Grounded until later. 1708551855091.png1708551855091.png

Same in the SF Bay area. I was hoping to get some flying between rainstorms. I'm less than a mile inside the edge of the TFR so I could take a short drive and do some flying. But I think I'll just wait.

Edit: Oops I was mistaken the restricted area is much larger than I thought. It's restricted all the way down passed Santa Cruz

Attachments

• 20240221-164225.jpg
    20240221-164225.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 12
Did the President at least eat lunch at Canters? now I wanna jump in the car and go. I had lunch there once and met George Costanza! (Jason Alexander)

• Wow
Reactions: Richard R
Wow that's a pretty wide TFR. If they did that in Honolulu it would cover that whole island of Oahu and then some.

Happens just about every other weekend in my area. He comes home to Wilmington DE, and it's TFR time all weekend.

Will your drone still operate? Or does the dji babysiting software disable the drone from takeoff?
Sometimes the TFR will show if you update the Flysafe database often. If you don't update often it doesn't show on there so you can still fly.

Will your drone still operate? Or does the dji babysiting software disable the drone from takeoff?
Mine will not, Air2, I now have an Air3. The only reason I know this is because a TFR that was not supposed to be active, as far as the FAA website, and ForeFlight said. I use ForeFlight for work as a helicopter pilot. I believe this was an issue with a couple of changes to the start and end times, but it should not have been active, yet DJI fly had it listed as active and wouldn't allow me to take off.

Pretty much the entire L.A. area is shutdown FOR UAS flying by a huge VIP TFR. The president is visiting in West Los Angeles/Beverly Hills area. This started yesterday and continues. This would have been beautiful day after a storm opportunity. Grounded until later. View attachment 172842View attachment 172842
Delaware's Own shuts us down a lot when he's home. I live just outside local airport zone, but half the state turns red for Joe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423