DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Dragon Skies : by Phantomrain.org Never seen skies like this on the lake:

Just adding to my collection , tonight was slim pickings in the sky but than at the last minute I got the glow.

2021-07-26_22h54_57.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the StormPhantomrain.org

Reactions: merak75
The First Time ever I spent the Entire battery on the Smart controller flying every drone I had to capture something that just rarely happens on the lake front.

The Clouds were surrounding the lake and creating a wall down the lake side than the wind blew the Sun set , the Rain poured and the clouds imploded and refracted a purple blue dragon that changed it shape every few minutes with the wind as the clouds cycled,

Took about 20 Large Wall size Panos on each drone , with super size pics on the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Some of the Pictures did get Rain Drops on the lens as the Panos took some time. but I was hoping to capture the Lightning in the Pano that is why I took so many of them.

Below is a single Frame from the AIR 2S video even that was stunning . The colors were obscene , it went from dark gray skies to this purple glow when that sun hit and the clouds started to cycle in place, Keep in mind this exactly how I captured the last tornado that formed 2 years ago over the lake.

no editing.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2 /S in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

If you have a Wide Screen you are in for a treat. :p

View attachment 130984

I was trying to show how far the color scope went down the lake.

So this was the pull back shot : Just insane color and detail the AIR 2S stronger gimbal helps keep those panos in line and Level in the wind.

View attachment 130985

The lake had the Dragon festival of purple lights going on but over my head not so much just sheets of rain that would start and quit.

View attachment 130986

Just moments before the sky Went Purple and the Dragon festival began in the clouds.

View attachment 130987
Stunning!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Stunning!
Coal:
Of course these 4 images are all stunning. Congratulations. Needless to say, the foregrounds could be opened up a bit with processing using Adobe's amazing masking tool. If you so desire, I would be happy to try my hand at it. But they stand on their own very well.

Dale

Coal:
Of course these 4 images are all stunning. Congratulations. Needless to say, the foregrounds could be opened up a bit with processing using Adobe's amazing masking tool. If you so desire, I would be happy to try my hand at it. But they stand on their own very well.

Dale
Lol thank you these were before you taught me all the tricks. Thanks Dale.

Lol thank you these were before you taught me all the tricks. Thanks Dale.
Coal- here they are- the devil made me do this! Check out the foreground and sky changes
click to enlarge

All done with a few click s in Adobe Photoshop 2022 masking tool and a few sliders.

Dale
Phantom panorama original.pngPhantom panorama edited.jpgPark and sky-original.jpgPark and sky.jpg

• Love
Well if there ever was reason to get the new Photoshop this is it. Do you have a good YT for learning that new feature in Adobe ? Just seeing the difference in the sky is really nice. Thanks dale .

Im going to post a picture taken with the M3 , lets see what you can with that .
7 Degree last night but had visibility for 28 miles .

2022-01-22_21h22_03.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. .

Well if there ever was reason to get the new Photoshop this is it. Do you have a good YT for learning that new feature in Adobe ? Just seeing the difference in the sky is really nice. Thanks dale .

Im going to post a picture taken with the M3 , lets see what you can with that .
7 Degree last night but had visibility for 28 miles .

View attachment 142434

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. .
- Yes but MY point is, your problems will usually NOT be with the sky but with the foregrounds due to high dynamic range that exposes for the bright sky and that block up the shadows in the foreground or the trees or the village in your images. I can now open these up selectively with the Masking tools, and not over expose the sky,

Here is my favorite Photoshop teacher- Colin Smith. There are several videos. Here is one that shows how you can mask virtually any part of your image. I'll try to work on your image.
https://youtu.be/xL7CjkZ47_8

This was an easier edit- mostly just used Photoshop -shadows slider and some increased exposure, and increased texture. I dodged the dark houses in the foreground but they had no detail in them (far left side of histogram).They look pretty close but if you click on the edited version you'll see the details in the shadows coming out better, I think.Original- city scene at night with drone.jpgCity scene at night from drone-edited.jpg

This was an easier edit- mostly just used Photoshop -shadows slider and some increased exposure, and increased texture. I dodged the dark houses in the foreground but they had no detail in them (far left side of histogram).They look pretty close but if you click on the edited version you'll see the details in the shadows coming out better, I think.View attachment 142435View attachment 142436
Here is one more video by Colin Smith about Masking in Lightroom or Camera Raw (ACR). Coal- if you keep these on file and try them a few times you will be an expert in no time. These masks will make all of you images better. Too bad we don't have this tool in Premiere Pro.
Have a good evening and spend all of Sunday working on these two videos.

Dale

Here is one more video by Colin Smith about Masking in Lightroom or Camera Raw (ACR). Coal- if you keep these on file and try them a few times you will be an expert in no time. These masks will make all of you images better. Too bad we don't have this tool in Premiere Pro.
Have a good evening and spend all of Sunday working on these two videos.

Dale
i dont have the mask tools, Not sure why not,

2022-01-22_22h05_52.png

i dont have the mask tools, Not sure why not,

View attachment 142444
I'm not sure you have Photoshop 2022. It was not in 2021. It's a new development. Here is the way to find it in Photoshop 2022.

Screen 1. When you first open Photoshop you are on this screen. Go to top menu and find FILTER, drop down menu, find Camera Raw Filter.

Screen 2. Go to dotted circle
between bandaid and eye ball. The Masking panel will open up. Watch the first Colin Smith video I sent to you. It is very simple. Please write me back for any questions.

Screen 1.pngScreen 2.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll