DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone 0 Volcano 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted in another thread, great footage, and easy to see why news services are picking up on it now.
I personally think it was done on purpose.

I thought the same. I could see somebody thinking it was worth sacrificing a drone for that footage. How else could you get that close up of a view of the mouth of a volcano!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
That does look like it was done on purpose there was no attempt to pull up at the last minute or anything just straight into it. The exposure has most likely covered the cost of the drone

Reactions: Flycaster
Thanks for sharing!

That does look like it was done on purpose there was no attempt to pull up at the last minute or anything just straight into it. The exposure has most likely covered the cost of the drone
That, or the heat killed it, causing loss of control. 2000° F will likely melt some important parts if you get too close.

Either way, cool footage.

That, or the heat killed it, causing loss of control. 2000° F will likely melt some important parts if you get too close.

Of course it was on purpose. You have to be very naive to think it was an accident. Still, cool video. If I were there, and had money to literally burn, I’d have probably done the same.

I thought that too as a possibility, the FPV might be more prone to temp extremes like that.
There have been other DJI drones flown closely above the lava flow, even the caldera action, they've melted body panels, damaged sensors to the point they don't work any longer, but they've kept flying ok.

If I were there, and had money to literally burn, I’d have probably done the same.

The YouTube income will cover it, their channel has a lot of subscribers apparently, and would be monetised for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott