DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DRONE CONTRACTING WEBSITES

It's called dronezone.network and it looks like a place to find drone contracting jobs. Just wondering if anyone could tell me if they're heard of it and if it's legit.

It's called dronezone.network and it looks like a place to find drone contracting jobs. Just wondering if anyone could tell me if they're heard of it and if it's legit.
I don't if they're legit, but they only have 5 companies listed. Also, they don't have an "About Us" page. That always puts up a red flag to me.

The domain was registered on 5/8/23, so it's also very new.

They do have a "Contact Us" page, so reach out. Ask them what their marketing strategy is to reach prospective customers for those who sign up for their service. Ask them if they charge a fee, and if not, will they in the future. How will they make money to maintain the site.

They're new, so I'd be suspect, but I wish them luck. It's a crowded field.

Also, I just used Google to check "Find a Drone Pilot", and they didn't come up after two pages. So they're not using much SEO at the moment, it at all.

Check with them and see, then let us know.

I don't know of any drone company here in L.A. that would need such a site. If you Advertise the drone job pilots will come out of the woodwork.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the insight. I should've started doing this months ago, but I didn't know exactly when I would be taking and passing the FAA exam. I just passed it so I'm in the next phase of looking for drone work.

I found a few contracting websites in my web search today. I hope this is appropriate to ask on this forum. If not, I apologize. Here's a few names. Drone Brothers, Nadar Drones, Alpha drones usa, weflyaerialmedia, isky films, droners.io. Anyone heard of these? Know if they are legit?

I found a few contracting websites in my web search today. I hope this is appropriate to ask on this forum. If not, I apologize. Here's a few names. Drone Brothers, Nadar Drones, Alpha drones usa, weflyaerialmedia, isky films, droners.io. Anyone heard of these? Know if they are legit?
What kind of research have you done on your own to try to determine it?

Droners.io works well. I use it both to get jobs as well as posting jobs. I think 10% is a fair cut tbh. When I need a drone operator in another city, I often look on Craigslist first and then Droners.io second. There's usually a decent amount of pilots in a given area.

As for getting jobs from them, unlike Bark & Thumbtack, you are only paying for the jobs you actually land (10%). Several of my Droners jobs that were just $150 or $250 or something like that turned into long term relationships with the clients where I now work for them directly. Between direct pay from Droners, and the jobs I have gotten as a result of them, I have earned well over $75,000 so not a bad little chunk.

And as far as payment, you need a valid credit card on file to post the job and the payment is automatically sent a couple days after you deliver the assets so you don't need to worry about invoicing or collecting.

Last edited:
I found a contracting website today I'm sure some of you have heard of and/or dealt with. www.flyguys.com. As part of the registration process, they require the pilot download, sign, and send back a legal agreement. I am new to the world of looking for drone work. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE CONDUCTED BUSINESS WITH THIS WEBSITE? Please only serious answers. Thank you.

FlyGuys are cool.

Like any job board, it is a mix of types of jobs and pay-scales but I find them mostly very reasonable. I have been doing stuff for them for 2.5 years. Jobs have ranged from ortho-mapping, to videos of landscaping, to taking photos of parking lots, facade inspections, etc.

They have a decent portal/dashboard for uploading assets so delivery is easy. Instructions are always clear and the people I have interacted with there are easy to work with. You don't need to invoice them either and their payment system is automatic after you make delivery and job approved. I've never had to do a re-shoot with them and they seem reasonable with their expectations.

I see from my dashboard that I've done just over $8,000 with them across 45 jobs so an average of about $175 per job. I am pretty quick and most of these jobs take me less than 15 minutes. I had a couple mapping jobs that were closer to 20-30 minutes.

Feel free to ask me any other questions about them but I would not hesitate to work for them. Not much of a downside, you always know what the job entails and what the pay is before accepting.

Attachments

• FG.png
    FG.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 11
Found another contracting website / company that seems to offer much more than just hoping to find you a freelance job one day - Connexicore. Any heard of or worked with them?

I did some cell tower inspections for them. Like most cell tower jobs, the pay is miserable. I don't do them for anyone anymore

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54