DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone crash

luiscln24

Reactions
I was flying my mavic pro with all the sensors on, suddenly it crashed landed. I was away of the tree line near the water way of a Marina, I had it in a really high altitude with the camera zoom in because I was taking videos of my and everyone's sailboats and I wanted to avoid hitting a sailboat mast. It was in all our line of site, We all saw it go down (it was painfull) I couldn't understand what happened to it I was flying forward in perfect conditions the sensors should've picked up anything in it's path. I keep analyzing the footage to see what went wrong since the video shows nothing in it's path. I thought it probably hit a really long tree branch that was sticking out, but people that were closer to it said no, that it just fell (same thing I saw). However I bought the drone from a friend which he only used it twice, and I was there both times and flew it myself while I taught him. I also think the propeller could've snapped. Now I have a drone that turns on, the gimbal seems to work fine and the 2 left legs broke off. They still have the connections to the mother board because when I outer on the drone they move. It is showing multiple error and it won't take off. If any recommendations of what steps to take. I live in NY I know it doesn't have any warranty. But ****, DJI should analyze the video and help out with something. Anything helps. If anyone wants to see the video let me know on how to send it. Also I'm interested in finding a 3rd party repair shop too, because I think the damage extends to the interior of it too.
Thank you

I was flying my mavic pro with all the sensors on, suddenly it crashed landed. I was away of the tree line near the water way of a Marina, I had it in a really high altitude with the camera zoom in because I was taking videos of my and everyone's sailboats and I wanted to avoid hitting a sailboat mast. It was in all our line of site, We all saw it go down (it was painfull) I couldn't understand what happened to it I was flying forward in perfect conditions the sensors should've picked up anything in it's path. I keep analyzing the footage to see what went wrong since the video shows nothing in it's path. I thought it probably hit a really long tree branch that was sticking out, but people that were closer to it said no, that it just fell (same thing I saw). However I bought the drone from a friend which he only used it twice, and I was there both times and flew it myself while I taught him. I also think the propeller could've snapped. Now I have a drone that turns on, the gimbal seems to work fine and the 2 left legs broke off. They still have the connections to the mother board because when I outer on the drone they move. It is showing multiple error and it won't take off. If any recommendations of what steps to take. I live in NY I know it doesn't have any warranty. But ****, DJI should analyze the video and help out with something. Anything helps. If anyone wants to see the video let me know on how to send it. Also I'm interested in finding a 3rd party repair shop too, because I think the damage extends to the interior of it too.
Thank you
Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D ... even though it's due to sad circumstances :oops:

Don't think a vid is of much use to start with ... we need the mobile device flight log.

Start with retrieve & post up the .TXT log here in a new post ... how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.)

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D ... even though it's due to sad circumstances :oops:

Don't think a vid is of much use to start with ... we need the mobile device flight log.

Start with retrieve & post up the .TXT log here in a new post ... how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.)

Perfect, how can I send the flight log??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato