DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone extraction from a lake

samot

Reactions
Hi,
This is my lottery try to retrieve drone, which crashed into the lake.

My Drone now is resting at the bottom of the lake in Norway with 6 days of recorded footage. 😭

Will attach last GPS coordinates, if someone can rescue it, will really appreciate it & this would be a great content.🤩

Last GPS coordinates: 61.213390, 9.818797

Ways to contact me

Attachments

• 20240627_113934.jpg
    20240627_113934.jpg
    940.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240624_130423.jpg
    20240624_130423.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Welcome to the forum!

You really should look for the data that's on your mobile device..

Also, what where flying and the mobile device you using?

Rod ..

Reactions: Capt KO
Welcome to the forum!

You really should look for the data that's on your mobile device..

Also, what where flying and the mobile device you using?

Rod ..
I was flying DJI MINI 3 PRO & using DJI RC REMOTE (added some photos)

is resting at the bottom of the lake in Norway with 6 days of recorded footage. 😭
Six days of recorded footage can be elevated by using smaller sd cards that can be switched out as needed thereby reducing the possibility of losing all you have on one card.
Doubtful that the resting aircraft will see the light of day anytime soon based on your description of its’s resting place but I will cross my fingers for you and hopefully a miracle will take place.

Reactions: RodPad
Check for a diving school in your area, they may have someone willing to go after it for training or the experience.
Depending on the lake, some are too deep to dive, others have next to zero visibility or other visual obstructions. Unfortunately a fishing magnet would probably corrupt whatever is on the SD card. Good luck on finding it whether or not any of these scenarios are applicable.

Reactions: HoozierDroneDaddy
Depending on the lake, some are too deep to dive, others have next to zero visibility or other visual obstructions. Unfortunately a fishing magnet would probably corrupt whatever is on the SD card. Good luck on finding it whether or not any of these scenarios are applicable.
Agree. There are a lot of variables, visibility, bottom composition such as mud, dirt, and plant growth. Those are unknown. However, if the conditions are decent, he may have a chance as slim as the possibility is. I have had some amazing and unpredictable finds in my diving days.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I'd be glad to dive for it but it's a bit far from Florida, US. Local dive shops should have knowledge of the lake, that along with your gps coordinates should answer if recovery is possible.
GOOD LUCK!!

...Unfortunately a fishing magnet would probably corrupt whatever is on the SD card....
SD cards and other flash memory drives are not affected by magnets. They don't use magnets to read or write data.

SD cards and other flash memory drives are not affected by magnets. They don't use magnets to read or write data.

Yes.

I'm not quite willing to try it on one of my drones, but I suspect that there's not enough ferrous metal in one to make it possible to pick one up off the bottom of a lake, or the dining room table, with a magnet. Does anyone know for sure?

Yes.

I'm not quite willing to try it on one of my drones, but I suspect that there's not enough ferrous metal in one to make it possible to pick one up off the bottom of a lake, or the dining room table, with a magnet. Does anyone know for sure?
The only parts of my M2P that a magnet is attracted to are the motor cases. I don't think there is enough material to pull one up, but it might be enough to identify where the drone is. It might be in shallow enough water for a diver to retrieve it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reejhman singh