DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Flight Physics Question

Original poster here... I thought I was just asking a simple question. Looks as though I've opened a Pandora's box full of worms! Yikes! Sorry about that! ;)

Original poster here... I thought I was just asking a simple question. Looks as though I've opened a Pandora's box full of worms! Yikes! Sorry about that! ;)
No need to be sorry, there are a big handful of folks on this forum that just love these types of questions.

It was a reasonable question, in fact, understanding this is required to pass the Canadian advanced RPAS pilot exam. (mandatory if you want to fly your drone in control airspace). A similar question is almost certainly asked.

It was a simple question with a simple answer. It may have led to followup questions, but that's fine.

I thought worms only came in cans.

I am NOT trying to start an argument, be it good natured or a slanging match but......
I have been stirring the little grey cells.
Would the following be correct?
Ignoring "cant of the motors" I am beginning to recollect each motor creates a torque, a pure torque i.e. a couple = pure twist, ( because the wind resistance of the props demands torque rotate the props). This torque/couple is transmitted to the air frame via the motor mounts (remove the motor mount screws and the motors would spin (ignoring that they would 'take off')? and for each motor is the same about all points in space i.e about the centre-of-whatever. The CW motors therefore generate a couple about the relevant centre-of-whatever that acts in one sense, similarily the the two CCW motors generate a couple that acts in the opposite sense, increasing the speed of a motor increases its couple etc.
When the two resultant couples are not in balance the result is yaw.
Huh?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121