DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini2 descending and spinning for no reason

I literally signed up for an account on this site, just to respond to this post. I'd put money on your remote being the problem.

I had a similar issue start about a year ago, where if I twisted my gimbal dial to point downward, the gimbal would point downward, but also the drone would spin left at the same time. Firmware didn't fix it and it had new propellers. The issue would sometimes temporarily disappear, and then reappear soon after. It made landing difficult, because I would want to look downward to make sure I had the landing lined up, but then it would start spinning, which then made dialing in the landing really difficult.

I noticed in the calibration screen, when I would turn the gimble dial, the line for each gimble direction was bouncing all over the place. Since calibrating the remote is done with the drone off, I knew there was an issue with the remote alone. I borrowed a duplicate controller from my brother, and the odd behavior went away. Drone flew perfectly today.

My recommendation is look closely when calibrating it to see if it's jittery during calibration. If so, the controller is flaking out. Also, borrow a compatible controller and I bet the issue goes away. This is what I did today and got my drone back up after being shelved for a year.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse