DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Fly-In/Picnic to protest unlawful drone ordinance

I'm not getting through am I, it's not about being legal it's about being reasonable.
The more unreasonable you behave the more likely authorities will say, "y'know those people are beginning to bug, time we did something"

As for being an "ANTI", I've been flying drones for 10 years now, I don't see any of us being able to fly them 10 years in the future, largely down to unreasonable use, not illegal perhaps but if pursued it will become so.

It's time forums like this stepped up to the plate and encouraged good usage, I'm afraid this forum is falling way short of that.
So your saying its not reasonable to stand up for your rights. The thing we cant discuss here is being stood up for every day in every state and law makers are changing the laws to up hold our rights because people are fighting for those rights. If we want to fly our drones were its perfectly legal to do so then no one should tell you other wise and we should stand up and tell them so . If you don't fight for your rights its easier to take them away

Reactions: BD0G and Lapeer20m
Typical anti argument that people are looking for a fight due to OC. In actuality they are looking to be left alone. Which by the way didn't happen. They were harassed and intimidated by the armed LEO who were ignoring the laws. However you spin that to the OP being the one passive aggressively looking for a fight? Cmon.

The OP followed the laws to a T and the people who are sworn and paid to follow and enforce laws did the opposite. Over a remote controlled camera/toy. This is how the LEO are spending their time? Unacceptable.

My only concern is the LEO might start a confrontation and the OP might fall victim to the old.... "he was reaching for his waistband and I feared for my life" routine. They already made it quite clear that they intend to harass and intimidate (which is illegal) the drone pilots. What a disgrace.

Thank you OP. I live in NJ so I couldn't be there but I support you from NJ. NJ being another anti everything state.
I'm from NJ too. Thanks to the the nanny state elitists, we have no shortage of laws to solve problems that don't exist, yet not much being done to effectively solve problems that DO exist.

BTW, OC isn't an issue here in NJ - the only people carrying guns are the cops and criminals. In theory, we have concealed carry, but it's discretionary, so in practice only people with really good connections get a permit.

As to flying my drone, I do it mostly on athletic fields, sometimes at schools in off-hours when nobody is around; if anybody comes by, I just pack up and go....the best confrontation is the one that doesn't happen.

Update: slow and steady progress.

We created an organization called Michigan Coalition Of Drone Operators (MCDO)

I was able to meet with people from top uas companies around the country at a recent expo, including the VP of policy and legal affairs for DJI.

Imagine you are a billion dollar company and flying drones is an intregal part of your business, like amazon drone delivery. Imagine working hard to pass preemption legislation in a multitude of states for the purpose of ensuring that you have a uniform set of laws across the state. Then, imagine a tiny municipal park decides to violate state law and tell you, a billion dollar corporation, that you cannot fly here.

The UAS business community is watching what’s happening here in Genesee County and it is imperative to them that this case goes the right way as it will send a message to other communities.

I cannot share all the details publicly, but I’m no longer concerned about figuring out how to pay for the appeal if/when it happens.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest