DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone flying as a volunteer.

We fly for several charity/non-profit organizations (Habitat, KARE, AWAKE etc) and even though it's all In Kind that doesn't remove the Non-Hobby aspect of the flight. Just because you've removed the "monetary" aspect of the action does not change the intent/status of the flight from a legal aspect.

Reactions: Thomas B
@Harold Morgan - Congrats on passing your Part 107!!!! Let me ask you a question, will you be flying over any people what so ever?

Some operations are not covered by Part 107 and will require a waiver, no matter if you passed your part 107 or not.
Here are some common examples of Part 107 sections that are subject to waiver:

• Visual line of sight aircraft operation (§ 107.31) *
  • Operation over people (§ 107.39)
  • Operation in certain airspace (§ 107.41)
No people. I understood that was forbidden at all times. VOS applies to all, as well as airspace, does it not? I saw that you can get a people waiver with a parachute. I was not aware you could get waivers for these things. Have you done so?

No people. I understood that was forbidden at all times. VOS applies to all, as well as airspace, does it not? I saw that you can get a people waiver with a parachute. I was not aware you could get waivers for these things. Have you done so?

Here's a list of the waivers you can apply for (some are almost impossible to get at this time):

107.25 Operating from moving vehicle
107.29 Daylight Operations
107.31 Visual Line of Sight
107.33 Visual Observer
107.35 Operation of Multiple Aircraft
107.37 Yielding Right of Way
107.39 Operations Over People not part of Flight Crew
107.51 General Operating Limitations of sUAS (Speed, Alt, Visibility, Cloud/Fog separation)

Here's a list of the waivers you can apply for (some are almost impossible to get at this time):

107.25 Operating from moving vehicle
107.29 Daylight Operations
107.31 Visual Line of Sight
107.33 Visual Observer
107.35 Operation of Multiple Aircraft
107.37 Yielding Right of Way
107.39 Operations Over People not part of Flight Crew
107.51 General Operating Limitations of sUAS (Speed, Alt, Visibility, Cloud/Fog separation)

Thanks. I will look those up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu