DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone flying in Rotterdam

MoonIsShining

Reactions
Hi Everyone, I just picked up my first drone, DJI Mini 2 and will be passing through Rotterdam in a couple of weeks. I would love to get down to the port but since having a scout around online it looks like for the most part its all a no fly zone along with the rest of Rotterdam. Has anyone got any nearby suggestions or pointers before I start going through the license process?

Thanks in advance and look forward to asking everyone a lot more questions in the future....Northampton and Norfolk will be my next stops 😁

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response! Fly safe and stay safe!

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response! Fly safe and stay safe!
Thanks and will do Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hi Everyone, I just picked up my first drone, DJI Mini 2 and will be passing through Rotterdam in a couple of weeks. I would love to get down to the port but since having a scout around online it looks like for the most part its all a no fly zone along with the rest of Rotterdam. Has anyone got any nearby suggestions or pointers before I start going through the license process?

Thanks in advance and look forward to asking everyone a lot more questions in the future....Northampton and Norfolk will be my next stops 😁
Ha mate, welcome to the forum and props to checking before you fly.
You are right in the observation that the entire Rotterdam area, including the truly impressive skyline, is off limits to drones. The reason being that it is very close to a mid-sized airport, and multiple hospitals with helipads which are heavily used by medical helicopters.

I found a recreational park alongside the river that -with nice weather- provides a bit of a view on the skyline in the distance. It's probably not what you had in mind, but at least it will give you some opportunity to fly. Be aware, the other side of the river is a natural park (prohibited/limited to fly there) and a bit further downstream there is another NFZ...

It is a recreational area, so with sunny weather, a lot of people come out to picknick, sunbathe, etc. I found that if you keep your distance to people, it can be a nice place to fly.

Link to the location: Recreatiegebied Spuiveld

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
-Joost-

Ha mate, welcome to the forum and props to checking before you fly.
You are right in the observation that the entire Rotterdam area, including the truly impressive skyline, is off limits to drones. The reason being that it is very close to a mid-sized airport, and multiple hospitals with helipads which are heavily used by medical helicopters.

I found a recreational park alongside the river that -with nice weather- provides a bit of a view on the skyline in the distance. It's probably not what you had in mind, but at least it will give you some opportunity to fly. Be aware, the other side of the river is a natural park (prohibited/limited to fly there) and a bit further downstream there is another NFZ...

It is a recreational area, so with sunny weather, a lot of people come out to picknick, sunbathe, etc. I found that if you keep your distance to people, it can be a nice place to fly.

Link to the location: Recreatiegebied Spuiveld

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
-Joost-
Hi Joost,

Thanks a lot for the info, very helpful.

I'll take you up on the advice. I'll be checking into the hotel at 8am, so weather depending I might just make a beeline down to the park before the crowds show up and have a little play.

Off to the country side in the UK next so I can be a little more adventurous.....this is literally going to be my first flight as here in Bangkok there is literally no where to fly a drone.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada