DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone flying questions

wytnyt

Reactions
hey all
if im using cell service with the mavic and i lose signal to the mavic,i can use the RTH to fly it to home-correct?

if im using wifi i assume there is no feature for RTH so what if i lose signal does this mean theres no way to return the mavic home?
also how is the wifi range determined?

if im near an airport i assume the red inner circle means no drone flying at all but what are the restrictions of the outer circles?

sorry if these questions seem dumb

tia

If home point was recorded then you lose RC signal it should RTH to home point.

If home point was recorded then you lose RC signal it should RTH to home point.
is this only for call service or for wifi also?

Neither. Home point is set by gps satellite inside the drone’s gps system. I strongly urge you to read the full manual from DJI site.

Exactly, RTH works without WiFi or Cellular service.

Neither. Home point is set by gps satellite inside the drone’s gps system. I strongly urge you to read the full manual from DJI site.
i dont own a MP yet so no manual,im still working the bugs out in my head first

i dont own a MP yet so no manual,im still working the bugs out in my head first
got the manual,ton of reading,thx for help

got the manual,ton of reading,thx for help

Don't forget to watch the DJI videos as well they are quite helpful if this is your first DJI Drone.

hey all
if im using cell service with the mavic and i lose signal to the mavic,i can use the RTH to fly it to home-correct?

if im using wifi i assume there is no feature for RTH so what if i lose signal does this mean theres no way to return the mavic home?

if im near an airport i assume the red inner circle means no drone flying at all but what are the restrictions of the outer circles?

tia

Update firmware. If you are in a restricted zone, you will need a code from Dji and approval from airport (requires license) . If it allows you to take off, don’t exceed 120m

Don't forget to watch the DJI videos as well they are quite helpful if this is your first DJI Drone.
i sold my classic car due to health reasons and this drone will be my christmas gift to replace my car,and yes ive watched a ton of videos so far and want to be fully prepared on operating it and whats needed along with the drone

Update firmware. If you are in a restricted zone, you will need a code from Dji and approval from airport (requires license) . If it allows you to take off, don’t exceed 120m
im near an airport and within the largest colored circle so not sure the exact restrictions are

Make sure you set rth to suit each flight.
Most times the rth standard 30m height is ok, but not always !!
Higher, lower, or set to hover is an option in some circumstances.

You really should have no reason to fly wifi, unless you had a flat controller battery and desperately had to do another flight for for some reason.
Wifi limits distance considerably.

You obviously have downloaded the manual (the printed ones are way too small to be useful), best to read and learn at your own pace, reading things in the manual, watching tutorials, then practice in small steps until you soak it up.

Just flying / landing / essential settings like obstacle avoidance and rth etc is going to keep you busy for a few outings.

hey all

tia
Since np ome else answered the second thing that i saw. If you live in USA i belive ypu can not fly 1.5 miles in radius around airport and need to contact them and inform them when ypu will be flying within 5 miles of each airport. If you are more than 5 miles away and will not be crossing that line no meed to contact. Thats what i understand anyways. If you are not in USA then GOOGLE is your friend lol

im 2.5 miles from airport so maybe i can play fly
wonder if they would consider moving the airport

I'm going to try to Gum this up so forgive me ...here we go

Your new mavic works in two modes" ATT " mode were you fly it with signal from you hand held Transmittter
..........................................................."GPS" mode your mavic must acquire atleast 6 satilite signals to fly or it will switch automaticly to ATT
you will see this on your Transmitter
in a nut shell your mavic will( RTH) Return To Home its's a" fail safe mode" Very cool
if you lose signal with your transmitter
The "Cell phone"(wifi) part is were you can view what mavic see
with it's onboard camera what its looking at
and you will lose that Video feed from time to time it will not put you into RTH Feature.

.......................................If you panic and get worried There are Bottons on your Controller(transmitter)
...Two button's
to make mavic RTH
................................... also on your Video feed (one button)

Actualy there are Mutible way Mavic will Initiates RTH mode ( Low battery ,Obsticals,)
and Just another Tip:
You can set the Height mavic returns to RTH were it will hover before decenting to Home Port
I set mine to 130Ft because I have Tall trees and Building by my home base
....................Sp.

This is Basic info:
when you Fly the mavic pro
........It's best to lift straight up for about 15-30 feet
............... at this time your Transmitter will verbaly tell you
.........................................................................................."Home port has been established"
Meaning mavic if Put into fail safe mode (RTH)
it will come right back to that spot almost every time Or very close
.........Sp.

Reactions: zebmeat
If you're in a red circle, your Mavic will not even start the motors.

Also, look at insurance options for the drone ;)

If you're in a red circle, your Mavic will not even start the motors.

Also, look at insurance options for the drone ;)
im not in the red circle but i am in the far outer circle,do you know those restrictions?
it would likely be a game changer for me if i couldnt do anything at my home

im not in the red circle but i am in the far outer circle,do you know those restrictions?
it would likely be a game changer for me if i couldnt do anything at my home

A yellow circle requires you to submit an application for an unlock. I believe the unlock lasts for 3 days before you need to reapply.

There are ways of going into these zones but this forum doesn't allow any discussions on that subject.

Reactions: charliesRig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iborrego