DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone footage protest in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where this footage came from but that flight is totally illegal from start to finish.
That was my instant reaction! Not the protest crowds, but the sheer danger of flying over crowds of vulnerable scalps, and cars! Yikes! I'm surprised the pilot was not arrested for reckless endangerment.

Dale

You can fly over crowds in Canada if you have an Advanced License, but it's sort of contradictory. With that you can fly over bystanders, but then again, you are not supposed to fly in busy populated areas. I would think the location in the vid qualifies for the latter.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
The rules are strict. How can a US citizen fly for fun there? Especially when you are on vacation.

Wow, the BrickByBrickProduction bloke (Cincinnati NFL game video) is an amature compared the this fellow (The 4K Guy).

That said, read the comments on YT, I scrolled quite a long way down, nothing about illegal flight on THIS video I could see quickly.
Guess there was a deeper message in the happenings on the ground, a LOT of support, posted just YESTERDAY, nearly 590,000 views, 32,000 likes, and over 6,000 comments !

Still, he's got other such videos on his channel, and no doubt somewhere he's incriminating himself deeply in regards to TC (Transport Canada) drone regulations.

Reactions: Rudiger and EricJT
Does the TCCA in Canada investigate reports based on YouTube videos like the FAA in the U.S. does?

I agree , flying over a crowd in a restricted area. The parliament hill is out of bound for everyone.
Actually if you have your Advanced certificate you can apply for a SFOC and an approved drone for flight over people will be needed and insurance to cover liability. As long as there is no TFR in place it has been granted in the past. It does take WEEKS of paperwork and clearances from the RCMP.

Last edited:
This could be very interesting in the US next month . . . I'm sure we will see almost identical videos here over the exact same subject matter and I'd say the vast majority will be 100% Illegal.

Reactions: Wade L.
This could be very interesting in the US next month . . . I'm sure we will see almost identical videos here over the exact same subject matter and I'd say the vast majority will be 100% Illegal.
I don't think you can get any clearance in DC. They were already talking about truckers in the states coming from west coast to east coast. Some are already coming from Alberta.

Apart from the drone regulations, about the only way you are going to get this kind of footage is to hop from the top of one tall skyscraper building to another if you can even get access to there.

I don't think you can get any clearance in DC. They were already talking about truckers in the states coming from west coast to east coast. Some are already coming from Alberta.

I fully get your point but you're assuming only knowledgeable and law abiding drone operators are going to be wanting to film the "Freedom Convoy". You'll see a plethora of ROUGE operators trying to get that once-in-a-lifetime shot at all costs.

Apart from the drone regulations, about the only way you are going to get this kind of footage is to hop from the top of one tall skyscraper building to another if you can even get access to there.
You might be able to get something with a kite camera.

I am completely shocked you would be allowed to fly that close to the Parliament (is that the right word) buildings. If you flew a drone that close to the Capital building there would be serious repercussions.

I am completely shocked you would be allowed to fly that close to the Parliament (is that the right word) buildings. If you flew a drone that close to the Capital building there would be serious repercussions.
I'm positive you aren't. Forbidden airspace. I count at least three laws broken by that flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown