DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone halts Raven vs Bengals game

My brother was watching the game, he text me. When to game live on Amazon and rewind to see it. Last about a minute or two, they never showed the actually drone. Instead the camera showed a few players and officials that appeared to be slightly annoyed. Otherwise not a lot mentioned. Can't tell from the clip what kind of drone but it doesn't look like they bothered to hide the drone with all those LEDs.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Another nut case. I would love to see examples made of these rogue drone pilots who don't care anything about others.

They in fact did show the drone, it was just not low enough to be in the lights of the stadium, so it wasn't well lite enough to make a good ID.

There were two incidents, the first one showed the drone on camera. The second incident was not on camera, or at least not shown to the TV viewers.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Why do you have to say who won the game? I haven't finished watching it. Now you ruined it for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Grandpa
He flew the drone over again, at the beginning of the fourth quarter. I still don't know why that have to stop the game. It's going to encourage more people to do it.

I read a news report somewhere that the local or state police had already identified the drone operator. And that the FAA was also looking into this incident.

How do they locate these rogue operators so quickly?

I read a news report somewhere that the local or state police had already identified the drone operator. And that the FAA was also looking into this incident.

How do they locate these rogue operators so quickly?
Follow the drone back home because the drone operator doesn't have much of a choice if they want to recover their property and usually they don't know they are being followed so don't try to elude anyone watching them from the ground. Also, if you don't believe you are breaking the law or you don't know you are breaking the law, why wouldn't you fly your drone home after you're done? Would love to know if RID is being used for these.

Reactions: bitsbytes and Tpstr
Did we do this one yet? I know it's from a year or so ago but we never hear about what ultimately happened to the pilot. This is a major inconvenience and at this point, it's unlawful. However, I think it is interesting how the different people on the ground react including the police.

Reactions: bitsbytes
it's my understanding that most of the NFL stadiums use some form of counter UAS radar to protect land and air defense operations, there's a you tube video all about it on Pilot Institute.

Reactions: Torque
Knuckleheads like this are just giving more ammo for banning consumer drone usage. All it is going to take is for some lawmaker to start making some noise. The1% always seem to be the most vocal.

Why do you have to say who won the game? I haven't finished watching it. Now you ruined it for me.
Haha - you remind me of my cousins who tape the games and watch them later. They're always saying, "don't tell us what happened!" As if everyone should know not to talk about the game around them including TV, radio and social media. We tease them sometimes with fake scores just to get them riled up. It does ruin the expectation and the suspense though, especially in close games.

Drone pilot from AFC Championship Game incident facing two felony charges by FBI. Pilot claims the DJI app never restricted his ability to fly over the stadium, but licensed pilots know that is not an excuse.

He wasn't licensed. One of the things he's being charged with, apparently.
He's being charged for flying without a license because he broke the rules. If you are a recreational pilot and you break the recreational rules that recreational pilots must follow, you no longer take advantage of the recreational exception which means you must now abide by part 107 and that includes having....a license, among other things.

Of course, I don't know this for sure and I don't even know the details of this particular case....but I wouldn't discount it either. I would love to be wrong; I wish someone would correct me on this if it isn't true. Are you automatically thrown into this? No. Is it possible? I think so. Nothing would make me happier than to hear the FAA (or anyone else) say otherwise.

If I were the general public and I learned that if you break or bend the rules when flying your drone for fun, the FBI gets involved, I would exit the hobby if I didn't believe I could be that person.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J