DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone head lights

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Looking for recommendations for attachable lights for may mavic air 2 for tunnel flying . Can be a purpose built product or a torch that I jimmy rig on to the drone , if you have a recommendation , just as long as its powerful but light enough not to effect the drones performance .

Also if its metal does it have reception issues?

If a tunnel is that long that a light is needed, then GPS will almost certainly be lost.
Then as it’s dark it will go into atti mode.
Better pray drone controller signal is maintained (get in front of it at other side tunnel opening) as if screen view is lost it’ll be bye bye birdie.

That said, the OP might have work to do and be capable of flying atti / maintaining signal LOS.

AIR 2s could handle a range of decent lights, be it single or double (for balance).

A few from doing a Google search for > Air 2s drone spotlights lightweight

If a tunnel is that long that a light is needed, then GPS will almost certainly be lost.
Then as it’s dark it will go into atti mode.
Better pray drone controller signal is maintained (get in front of it at other side tunnel opening) as if screen view is lost it’ll be bye bye birdie.

That said, the OP might have work to do and be capable of flying atti / maintaining signal LOS.

AIR 2s could handle a range of decent lights, be it single or double (for balance).

A few from doing a Google search for > Air 2s drone spotlights lightweight

Tunnel flying is kinda my favorite thing and I've done a good few already
However a few of my channel viewers have asked if i could attach some sort of light on my next one . I don't want to fork out a huge amount of money , I only do 4 - 5 of these videos a year so something cheap but effective , lume cube too overpriced for the amount of use I'd give it

However a few of my channel viewers have asked if i could attach some sort of light on my next one . I don't want to fork out a huge amount of money , I only do 4 - 5 of these videos a year so something cheap but effective , lume cube too overpriced for the amount of use I'd give it
I can in that last video obstacle avoidance had to be disabled to get that to work, haha
Why not use auxiliary light on the drone itself?

I can in that last video obstacle avoidance had to be disabled to get that to work, haha
Why not use auxiliary light on the drone itself?
I do but that faces down and kinda helps the drone fly somewhat level.
I'm looking for a cheap way to light up the ground ahead. A good torch or two maybe?

Short of positioning lights along the route with shields on the back side I can't see how you could put lights on the drone strong enough to illuminate the way. It's easy to light the drone but not the other way around it seems, judging by the way movie locations are lit at night.
Love your tunnel videos by the way!

There is this song coming up n my head:

"In the velvet darkness..."

Don't get discouraged if you don't find something to light the way...your videos seem fine without the extra light Thumbswayup
Why thanks . Best part of this hobby is trying out different things , flying outside of the box so to speak. I'll strap on some torch and see how it turns out. Maybe I'll be able to "light" the way for others to follow.........

Reactions: dozzn
Looking for recommendations for attachable lights for may mavic air 2 for tunnel flying . Can be a purpose built product or a torch that I jimmy rig on to the drone , if you have a recommendation , just as long as its powerful but light enough not to effect the drones performance .

Here is how I mounted a Firehouse Arc V on my Mavic Air 2 ... except that I have now moved the Arc V to the battery pack since some respondents rightfully pointed out that the GPS antenna was where I originally put the light. I use the Arc V as a strobe for VLOS, but it can be set to be constantly on and it is about as bright as you're going to get for a small light. It's very light weight and has its own rechargeable battery.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Blown away by your skill, patience and guts. No way I would ever have the confidence to try this.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Here is how I mounted a Firehouse Arc V on my Mavic Air 2 ... except that I have now moved the Arc V to the battery pack since some respondents rightfully pointed out that the GPS antenna was where I originally put the light. I use the Arc V as a strobe for VLOS, but it can be set to be constantly on and it is about as bright as you're going to get for a small light. It's very light weight and has its own rechargeable battery.

I left off the link ... here it is:

The first video 1:20, you really like pushing it doncha ? :)
Be at least nice to see the proverbial 'light at the end of the tunnel' there, ha ha.
I noticed some touches of the vegetation too.

Agree, for those long tunnels it'd be good to see some more of the tunnel, both for viewing pleasure and safety of the drone.

I have Firehouse Tech strobes (Dual and ARCII) and yes on solid light they'd be pretty good, very lightweight too.
Just not sure if the brightness (of there or any other light) will be a problems with filming.
If it was a bit foggy in there there would probably be some sort of issue with clarity / light reflection off the fog.

Good luck with future tunnel flights.

I have these ones, just Google PGYTECH, GOOD qualit, well engineered and don’t affect flight at all.B37C03AC-AE13-439B-AB77-F299E32A4498.png

Please confirm that you are looking for a light as opposed to a strobe. I’ve done a ton of research on the strobe and I’m happy to share.

Please confirm that you are looking for a light as opposed to a strobe. I’ve done a ton of research on the strobe and I’m happy to share.
Given the info from what happened in the tunnel, I’m guessing he needs a searchlight type device.

Attachments

• 0050168F-807F-4D82-A554-553264A13AE3.png
    0050168F-807F-4D82-A554-553264A13AE3.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02