DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone hired to kill bee's.

I do not think hornets have multiple stingers, assuming the are like normal wasps they can withdraw their stinger and sting with it again.
Bees' stingers are barbed which is why they 'stick' and why it's normally a death sentence for the bee.
Africanised bees are scary stuff.

Reactions: smashse and MA2 317
Doc, stop tempting fate!!!:D
EDIT
By which I mean you are tempting fate to arrange a wasp, bee encounter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incidentally if you get stung by a bee DO NOT pick it out. Their venom sack is attached to the stinger, attempting to pick the stinger our forces more venom into you. Instead, scrape it out with a finger nail etc. watch
They have changed their mind about this one. Get the stinger out as soon as you can. The muscles on the sting are still pumping venom and even if you do happen to squeeze the sack it can't list the venom through any faster than it already is.

Well..........I wasn't in the habit of leaving a stinger imbedded any longer than absolutely necessary lol and the scraping action was second nature. (I didn't get stung that frequently apart from one vicious hive belonging to someone I was visiting and I ended up having to walk away from that one and leave the owner to it.)
I am not arguing with what you say but can't see that picking it out would be much quicker.

I didn't see this one coming. But boy did I enjoy it. What did you think about it? Any of you try this?
Originally Mavic Rule) Cool! I would never try that but if I did, I’d use the drones’ range. Lol

A shotgun would have been way more effective. Who would be stupid enough to put a $1500 drone through this? You know, bees make honey and I have to wonder how gooey the drone was after this "adventure".

Perhaps the drone owner charged $3000 to cover the cost of a new M3 o_O ?
Those are hornets not bees. Hornets do not make honey. Some of them kill bees.

I'm a beekeeper hobbyist. That is definitely a wasp nest, so only get rid of those if they are near people, like if it's in the woods, leave it be. They do clean up nature and well, are little jerks, but they are important.

The thing about don't pull the stinger, it is true. Scratch it out immediately with a finger nail, credit card, FAA 107 card, or something, but don't squeeze and pull. They scratch out pretty easily in my opinion, and I get stung pretty often. And wasps only have 1 stinger, but it is not barbed, so it can be reused many times.

Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
Those are hornets not bees. Hornets do not make honey. Some of them kill bees.
Still a shotgun would be quicker and easier... But you'd probably be charged with shooting an aircraft out of the sky.

I agree that they will randomly attack. In Texas yellow jackets often sting unprovoked! I've had it happen multiple times. One time I was carrying a large bottle of vodka back from the liquor store and a yellow jacket (unseen by me) stung me on the ear causing me to drop, and break, the bottle. Do not like wasps!
And unlike a bee, that can only sting once and then tears out their backside and dies, wasps can just keep stinging you. I once had one fly inside my shirt and I got stung three times before I could get the shirt off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998