DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone hired to kill bee's.

Not sure I could do that to any drone, let alone an M2Z.

Easier, quicker, more effective (wasps are toast), and even MORE fun ??

Isn't that considered a "weapon" which would make it illegal?

I agree that they will randomly attack. In Texas yellow jackets often sting unprovoked! I've had it happen multiple times. One time I was carrying a large bottle of vodka back from the liquor store and a yellow jacket (unseen by me) stung me on the ear causing me to drop, and break, the bottle. Do not like wasps!
Hack43
Ha! They planned the whole thing. “Good job fellow yellow jackets, now let’s fly in and have a little vodka before it dries up.” Pesky some (Mod Removed Language) I’m tempted to breeze their nests every day until they give up and leave. Wasp spray is the easiest of course, but not near as fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
A shotgun would have been way more effective. Who would be stupid enough to put a $1500 drone through this? You know, bees make honey and I have to wonder how gooey the drone was after this "adventure".

Perhaps the drone owner charged $3000 to cover the cost of a new M3 o_O ?
Well, if he did, then he's one smart dude. 🧠;)

Doc, I hope you keep your sting-free record going. The little rascals hurt, especially wasps!

But I agree with the guy that said he wouldn’t use his drone for that job. Neither would I but it does look like fun with someone else’s drone.

Reactions: Blacksheep Pilot
I’d say so :)
It’s also illegal to fly under 250g rules at 253g 😂
Yes, there’s a slight difference, lol.
What the heck, you register it as a aerial firearm under 25kg.
Dang! You made spit out my last swig of soda 😂🤣

• Love
Reactions: Beet
Last week had a swarm of hornets follow my A2 all the way up to 400’. A bloodbath. What a mess to clean the drone. Even alcohol, my usual method, didn’t work so well. Hot soapy water was all that would remove the splatter that was everywhere. Camera view looked like leaves falling. Used sport mode and took the long way home.

Reactions: Blacksheep Pilot
Try stepping in a fire ant mound and not know it, till it's too late. OMG.
I can be very creul when it comes to bugs...

I'm just the opposite, till one bites or stings me. I got stung on the cheek once trying to be kind to a wasp nest. Drove straight to walmart and bought a can of wasp killer. I never thought I'd see a Drone take one out though.

I'm just the opposite, till one bites or stings me. I got stung on the cheek once trying to be kind to a wasp nest. Drove straight to walmart and bought a can of wasp killer. I never thought I'd see a Drone take one out though.
I found it interesting.

A shotgun would have been way more effective. Who would be stupid enough to put a $1500 drone through this? You know, bees make honey and I have to wonder how gooey the drone was after this "adventure".

Perhaps the drone owner charged $3000 to cover the cost of a new M3 o_O ?
Had a big hornets nest in a tree and the raven / crows took care of it for us. Guess they got hungry enough to go after the larvae. They'd hit it and fly away real fast and back again and again and again. Guess that took care of the hornets for this year.

Reactions: slozukimc
Incidentally if you get stung by a bee DO NOT pick it out. Their venom sack is attached to the stinger, attempting to pick the stinger our forces more venom into you. Instead, scrape it out with a finger nail etc. watch

True. Hornets, on the other hand, don't have venom sacs but do have multiple stingers.

I've been stung by hornets even though they were unprovoked, and here in southern Arizona most of the bees are now African hybrids. They are normally not a threat while going about their business, and I have often sat by my goldfish pond while several dozen were sucking up water just a few inches away. But every few years somebody local gets killed from hundreds of stings from a hive that thought it was being threatened, even if it wasn't. Nasty way to go.

Thank god ill never get stung or bit in my lifetime .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61